• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I defest pikachu with Pit?

D

Deleted member

Pikachu is super annoying with all its shock attacks and stuns plus super annoying grap( Basically grab, electrocutes 10 times and Puts you on its back electrocuting you even more and is super annoying). I main Pit and I always get hit by stun moves and cant hit it cause its super fast. Any tips ?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
PM your local Pit main and ask him about Pika.
We know very little about your character compared to you most likely.

Emuchu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Emuchu
3DS FC
2320-6462-6471
It's really difficult to tell people how to fight Pika. Pika's whole schtik is that:

a) Pika harrasses everyone without an absorber with thunderjolt, but from mid-air at a far enough distance that you can't hit him, and from an angle where reflectors don't threaten him, forcing most characters to approach Pika on his terms.
b) Pika attacks primarily though disjointed auto-cancelled aerials, meaning you can't simply look for certain attacks to punish, but have to look for landing punishes and box Pika out in the air with superior range or angles.
c) Pika's recovery is so incredible that he effortlessly dodges standard edgeguarding and juggling situations, meaning you have to preemptively call out the path of his Quick Attack and stick out a big meaty attack to intercept him, or block his attempt to QA into you and punish the short recovery.

This means that a) you have to approach Pika because he has no interest in approaching you in a neutral situation, b) you have to be comfortable with your options in the air, because you have to meet Pika in the air and box him out, and c) you have to have unique counters planned for a Pika attempting to QA over or through you.

Lika @ Antonykun Antonykun said, this is all really specific stuff you'd have to ask the Pit boards for the best options.

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
PIka pit is kinda tough for pit TBH you have to respect a lot of what pika can do. IE his off stage game kinda slaps pit you need to save those jumps also dont be afraid to use orbiters to defend your self off stage forcing pika back to the ledge.

on stage Jab and Dtilt are really good Nair is excellent against him if hes on platforms. outside of that the neutral is ok cause you have disjoints and range (plus you can pivot grab him for days) and your grab game is also really strong so abuse that. getting out of juggles can be tough though do not mess with his Up air it will wreck you i usually go for the ledge. also yeah hes insane at trapping landings to be very aware of your landing options.

pits my secondary and ive been on both sides of that battle before its a lot less fun with pit then pika lol

D

Deleted member

Yeah I asked pit boards they said it is definitly in pikachu's favor, those shock attacks are too much to handle from pikachu, along with that grab, electrocute, down throw and thunder combo, if anyone has any more tips for Pit please leave below.

Top Bottom