• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How bad is gannondorf

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I know gannondorf is bottom teir in brawl, but how bad is he compared to everyone else. It is kinda a shame really, I really like playing as him.

Seibu

Smash Cadet
Quite. But, in his defense, he can still be very fun to play as. At least, by my notion.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
He's pretty bad; but if you really like playing as him, that shouldn't be reason alone to stop you if you're enjoying yourself.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Is Zelda actually worse than Ganondorf? I heard this idea being tossed around a few times and it sounds like Zelda might be considered worse than Ganon by more than a few people.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
The nicest thing I can say about him is that he sucks balls. Everything about him was done poorly, if it wasn't for mods like Brawl Minus and the Triforce Ganondorf, he would have no reason to exist in Smash

PlazmaFett

Smash Rookie
hes the only character iv ever successfully three stocked competitively and hes also the only one iv ever turned a chain grab around on.

.Alone

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRawkHawk
He's the best. You can't counter a Spartan kick or a Ganon stomp. There's just too much man to deal with. The man will literally stomp on your neck to spike you. He's the best.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
ah...ha...ha...
kinda used all my character hype on falcon, whatever little of it i had in the first place.

dusty22

Smash Cadet
From a non-pro perspective, he's okay in vanilla Brawl... but in BALANCED Brawl he's pretty awesome.

They gave him all these nice little buffs. He's invincible for part of Wizard's Foot. He has super armor (i.e. he can't/won't flinch) for the sparta kick, and the ganondorf falcon punch. His Down Tilt kick always trips the opponent (making for good combos), and his Up Tilt (the slam-down with his foot that he charges up) is slightly more powerful and the wind does a little bit of damage and has slightly more suction/vacuum.

Also, his pummel (pressing A while you do a grab) is darkness element now and does 5% damage making it the strongest in the game, and his throws are a tad more powerful. Also probably other little things.

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
From a non-pro perspective, he's okay in vanilla Brawl... but in BALANCED Brawl he's pretty awesome.

They gave him all these nice little buffs. He's invincible for part of Wizard's Foot. He has super armor (i.e. he can't/won't flinch) for the sparta kick, and the ganondorf falcon punch. His Down Tilt kick always trips the opponent (making for good combos), and his Up Tilt (the slam-down with his foot that he charges up) is slightly more powerful and the wind does a little bit of damage and has slightly more suction/vacuum.

Also, his pummel (pressing A while you do a grab) is darkness element now and does 5% damage making it the strongest in the game, and his throws are a tad more powerful. Also probably other little things.
The important part about Balanced Brawl is the massive reduction to his landing lag that makes his air game much better.

But as for Brawl? Ganondorf is this bad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCRvdXEQFqU
Or this bad [round 6 is a good example]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7ixkyY9lZ4

You can certainly play as him for fun, but don't expect to win any tournaments with him (I'm pretty sure exactly one real tournament has been won with him, by a player named Fonz).

Last edited:

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Ganon is pretty terrible, but I disagree with him being the worst in the game. I think the current (or rather, the newest one I could find which is this one http://www.ssbwiki.com/Japanese_tier_list ) Japanese Tier List for Brawl has a way more accurate representation of how the worst characters in the game should be ranked.

dusty22

Smash Cadet
The important part about Balanced Brawl is the massive reduction to his landing lag that makes his air game much better.

But as for Brawl? Ganondorf is this bad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCRvdXEQFqU
Or this bad [round 6 is a good example]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7ixkyY9lZ4

You can certainly play as him for fun, but don't expect to win any tournaments with him (I'm pretty sure exactly one real tournament has been won with him, by a player named Fonz).
I think they removed most if not all chain grabs in B-Brawl :p

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
i honestly think hes better than bowser falco luigi wolf and olimar all 6 of these characters are in the bottom but falco and olimar are especially bad and falco the worst because falcos blaster is extremely ****ty and hes too hard to play

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Playing as Ganondorf in Brawl is like dropping out of high school. You had a lot of potential, you threw it all away, and now you have a terrible uphill battle to fight.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
As a ganon main during the majority of Brawl (Switched to Snake towards the end) he's terrible. His moveset is pretty much laggy and unsafe. Not to mention he was as slow as molasses. It was dreadful.

I kept him as my main cause every time you manage to hit someone, it felt sooo satisfying. I didn't care what the tier lists said about him, I stuck with him till the end :sadeyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom