• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How are you improving?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Are you watching videos? Playing dittos with other Ike mains?

I'm just pretty much playing people in friendlies at my level or higher. That seems to be what's been working for me. Between that and the kind people in the Match-Up thread filling me in on different weaknesses or approach options, I feel like I've picked up a good bit in the last month.

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
I've been playing with Boss and his crew to get better. When practicing on my own I've been watching San's vids and just working on the combos and other stuff in training mode. I feel like I've improved quite a bit.

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
i havent been working on my ike as much as i should but what little ive been putting in ive seen my subpar spacing improve alittle bit.

Trueblade

Smash Cadet
NNID
TruestBlade
3DS FC
0061-0303-4576
Been playing mostly with sort-of serious friends in order to get a feel for what I gotta do, then I plan to hang around these boards, certain streams and Smashladder to challenge people. As for videos, I've mostly been watching Ryo go to town.

Still have to work on some better movements.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I haven't been using Ike that much as I was supposed to mainly because I've been having a lot of fun with Rosalina. I'll work on my Ike skills eventually.

D

Deleted member 269706

Watching a lot of tournament players and watching what they do. Also been testing other techniques on the easier competitors in for glory. I've come to a pretty good place though, I think now I just need to work on dash grabs, spacing, and better autocanceling.

Top Bottom