• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Active/Strong Is The Austin Melee Scene?

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone, I'm wanting to become involved in competitive melee in my area. I'm wondering how good of a melee scene the Austin area has. How often are tournaments held in the area/people meeting up to play?

I know there's a Austin brawl thread with 17k+ posts but I want to know about Austin melee specifically.

I do know about the Forte tournament happening on Dec. 21-22, but that is the only Austin area tournament I've seen since I have started actively looking for close tourneys.

Also, what is the best way talk with other players/keep up with events going on in the area (something like a facebook group?)

wyleepirate

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm an Austinite as well.... Wanna meet up in the next coupla days and see eachother's skill levels? The Austin scene is kinda patchy. Lots of Austinites just head over to Houston/Dallas for tournies since they get a lot more than we do. Doesn't mean you can't have training partners in-town. <3

If you really want a reliable in-town community I'd find a way to get in touch with the UT smash community. I'm almost completely sure they mostly play melee, or at least they did a year ago.

Top Bottom