• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How about turning the Coin mode into Ring mode...

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
...since we have Sonic among the chars?
It would make sense to me.
Even because rings have been in Mario's and Starfox's games too.
And of course there would be bronze rings, silver rings, golden rings and (instead of banknotes) big golden rings with diamond.

LosTimeTurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lostimeturner
first if your trying to make currency from every game then why choose sonic
second those coins aren't mario coins there just generic smash coins
third if you want other currency try kirby or pokemon or legend of zelda
fourth rings in mario and starfox is not currency
fifth why would you change the name to rings, sonic is not more of an important series in brawl then every thing else so why change it just for that :glare:

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
It also assumes that Sonic will return, which is far from guaranteed.

The only seemingly confirmed characters so far are Mario, Donkey Kong, Fox, Pit, Marth, Link, Kirby, Wario, MetaKnight, Luigi, Pikachu, Mr. Game & Watch, Pikmin and Zero Suit Samus, and even that is based solely on a whiteboard drawing that probably doesn't constitute a binding confirmation.

So if a change is coming we should be discussing bananas, hearts, Rupees, and random pieces of junk that are later exchanged for currency ahead of rings.

In fact, it's even a heart that they're reaching for in the picture...

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Why bother? just leave it coin mode. why change around a game mode in order to boost a guest series prominence in the game? it makes no sense to me

volbound1700

Smash Master
Why change it to Ring mode? Also, I really just want it out of the game because it seems like no one plays this mode.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think the difference could be that a ring mode would have players fighting with ring counts instead of stamina meters. Attacks knock as many rings out of a character as they deal damage. Many would scatter and disappear but either player could pick the rest up by touching them and heal, in a way vaguely similar to how it works in the sonic games.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think the difference could be that a ring mode would have players fighting with ring counts instead of stamina meters. Attacks knock as many rings out of a character as they deal damage. Many would scatter and disappear but either player could pick the rest up by touching them and heal, in a way vaguely similar to how it works in the sonic games.
That sounds like a more interesting version of the mode, but still no reason to change from coins.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Meh. It'll be too purely sonic-based. And, this is irrelevant because this will never happen: But completely pointless because no one plays coin mode. >:/

D

Deleted member

I would say no to ring mode. I prefer coin mode although I'm not a big fan of it.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
I would like it if the characters in a coin match were only Zelda Characters or characters that had cameos in Zelda, it would replace it with Rupees. It could work with other Nintendo Currencies like Mario Coins and Poke Dollars.

Top Bottom