• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How about some perfect pivot strings?

Zabuu

Smash Rookie
In training mode, I find it fun to do:
SHFF Bair->PP(away from target)->Jab... doing this in thin air (not hitting anyone) looks sweet, is it usable as a defensive string?
SHFF Uair->PP(away from target)->Jab... same thing
Jab->PP(toward target, landing behind him)->Jab... looks slick when hitting the target
Jab1->Jab2->PP->Jab1->Jab2->Grab... etc

Sadly, I don't have the time to train sm4sh extensively and/or get into the competitive scene, so maybe some of you guys who play this game more than me can tell if these strings would be any good? You would be using the PP->Jab finisher after the SHFF aerials in a defensive way, in case you miss the Bair/Uair or hit shield, I imagine.

Also, how about RAR->SHFF Bair->PP(toward target)->Ftilt(A-stick)? In training mode it's true vs. Mario from 9-27% and where you'd normally DA after the Bair, sending him flying away from you, he's standing upright after the Ftilt, ready to be dashgrabbed. I like it, you could mix this one up with Bair->DA or Bair->dashgrab. Viable?

Could there be more funky ways to incorporate perfect pivots into our play?

Apparently, it's also possible to dash and quickly Jab at the end of that dash in the direction you where dashing by inputting :GCR:, :GCR:->PP(:GCL::GCR:), :GCA:... where the second input is when you'd do a second dash and the middle three inputs have to be done really fast. Interesting move tho.

Also, as a side note, I feel like the Cap'Ns excellent mobility isn't being used to the fullest at this point in time when I'm looking at competitive play. Wouldn't players get a lot of mileage about abusing his mobility more? I feel like there should be more focus on controlling dashdancing better (varying length, interrupting it with perfect pivots) for example. But maybe that's my naivety/inexperience.

Last edited:

Levateinn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lev_Zoravkov
3DS FC
0275-7009-2978
the jab perfect pivot into target is something i like to do since they often don't expect,(yet almost evryone can escape it) but yea jab, PP jab, turnaround jab, pp jab etc..

I call it the Ruffian

since its the opposite of a gentleman. lol

Top Bottom