• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how about chibi robo?

Hylian Knight

Smash Cadet
oh, and what's the purpose of having him on there? wouldn't that just be a waste of character spotage? chibi robo sounds like a ******** game to me anyways (no offense).

TwilightHero

Smash Rookie
yeah the idea of cleaning a house doesn't sound too fun, but it does have a good soryline.

he could shock people with his power cord or use his radar to summon aliens.

how about the characters from gunstar heroes

TwilightHero

Smash Rookie
its a sidescrolling shooter for NES. i donwloaded it from the virtual console. it's okay....................but maybe that was just a stupid idea.

Hylian Knight

Smash Cadet
meh, alot of the NES games suck ***. the only ones i like were super mario bros. I, II and III, and Duck Hunt. Classic! XD

anyways, i printed out two brawl rosters on google today, and Chibi Robo was on there. Here were the characters on it:
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Geno
Fox
Krystal
Wario
DK
Capt. Falcon
Kirby
MetaKnight
Link
Olimar
Marth
Ray 01
Tom Nook
Chibi Robo
Tingle
Stafy
Laughing Dog
Young Link
Isaac
Zelda
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo
Samus
Jill
Lolo
Pit
Ice Climbers
Balloon Fighter
Muddy
Ness
Alexandra
Diddy
Little Mac
Mr. Game & Watch
with 4 hidden character spots...
so, that's a total of .....44 characters, including the hidden spots
i'm not sure if that's the REAL brawl roster, but it's one from Smash Bros. Dojo, which is made from the creator of Brawl, Sakurai.

TwilightHero

Smash Rookie
laughing dog???? thats from duck hunt right? what attacks would he have?

i do agree with tingle 100% though

Hylian Knight

Smash Cadet
Yes, laughing dog is from duck hunt. I dunno what moves they have, and i highly doubt that that's the REAL brawl roster, if you catch my drift. here's the other brawl roster; it's kinda big:
DONKEY KONG COUNTRY
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Crankey Kong
Dixie
King K. Rool
FIRE EMBLEM
Roy
Marth
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
Link
Young Link
Dark Link
Saria
Navi
Tatl
Moon
Giants
Skull Kid
Ganondorf
Zelda
Shiek
Zora
Deku
Goron
Gerudo
Dampe
Poe
Tingle
Redead
METROID
Samus
Metroids
BANJO KAZOOIE
Banjo/Kazooie
Mumbo-Jumbo
Tooty
Bottles
Jinjos
Grunty
Brenty
SUPER MARIO BROS
Mario
Wario
Yoshi
Baby Mario
Baby Bowser
Bowser
Giga Bowser
Super Giga Tera Bowser
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Prof. E. Gadd
Shy Guy
Ghosts
Para Troopa
Daisy
Peach
Toad
Birdo
Latiku
King Boo
Goomba
Pidgit
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG
Sonic
Knuckles
Tails
Amy
Eggman
Shadow
STAR FOX
Fox
Wolf
Krystal
Peppy
Slippy
Falco
KIRBY
Kirby
King Dedede
POKEMON
Prof. Oak
Jigglypuff
Pikachu
Pichu
Riachu
Mewtwo
PIKMIN
Pikmin
C. Olimar
OTHER
Master Hand
Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader
Jack (Harvest Moon)
Battle Toads
Frogger
Mia
James Bond
Joanna
Capt. Falcon
Marin
Sahasarla (i think that's his name, can't read it, it's too little.)
Batman
Hulk
Spiderman
Superman
Bomberman
Conker
Megaman
Pit
Animal Crossing guy(main character)
Taj (diddy kong racing)
Wizpig (diddy kong racing)
Ice Climbers
okay, i don't know how many characters that is, let me see...about, say....108 CHARACTERS! unless i overlooked one, then that's how many i listed. I definitely know that that's not the REAL brawl roster, but if it was, that would be WHACK! Oh, and you can play with 8 people at once.

whitekirby

Smash Cadet
???

I've beaton Chibi-robo and I think he could be a great edition. Also his size wouldn't matter since I Kirby is 3 in. in his games. Here,s a move set.
B-chibi blaster (chargeable)
B^- grabs onto Tele flying up
B>+<-shocks with plug
B down- I guess he could break and fall on them
A's- series tail hits
Super Smash- aliens come down and attack other players
I hope this is O.K.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Hylian Knight, it's funny that your sig says "Oldschool Gamer" yet you hate both the NES and the Genesis.

Whitekirby, those B-moves look cool, except his B^ should be the chibi-copter.

Hylian Knight

Smash Cadet
Hylian Knight, it's funny that your sig says "Oldschool Gamer" yet you hate both the NES and the Genesis.

i owned both a NES and a Genesis, and yes, im an old school player. doesn't mean that i have to like the systems, i actually like the games more. my only favorite game for the genesis was Ghouls n' Ghosts, which was $7.99 at a local gaming store, what was it, Game X Change? Pretty good price for a good game. Every other game i had sucked, though.

whitekirby

Smash Cadet
Oh I didn't think of the chibi copter. That's definatly a better idea. Also when kirby got his power he could have the plug tail.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
not a bad idea....

Chibi Robo was a pretty stupid game (no offense), but it's a good idea for starters. I'm up for him in brawl, but i don't really require him to be in there. He may have a spot in there, who knows. obviously, none of us. if you really wanna know on what's going down, then go to:
http://smashbros.com/
It's otherwise known as Smash Bros. Dojo, and the site was created by Sakurai, the creator of Smash bros. himself. They just released a new video, which has Fox in it. Cheers!:)

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
From reading you're posts about the Brawl rosters, I was wondering something, and now this. You have shown undeniable facts of being a n00b
Dude, he even said that the rosters weren't accurate. so the one calling the other is being a noob, so please stop with the name calling. it isn't nessecary.....(sorry for inaccurate spelling.)

"How about chibi-robo?"

"How about NOT!"
Dude, why so negative? If you can't something nice, then don't say anything at all. Besides, he was just mentioning if Chibi Robo could be on Brawl. Is it really possible for an unknown nintendo character to be on Brawl? Heck, i don't even think that Chibi Robo was made by nintendo, even though he was on the Nintendo Gamecube.

Don't see him fighting w/great char
He may be a good fighter, he may not be. Look, a long time ago, i used to HATE ness..HATE HIM!
I always thought that he was a stupid and worthless character (no offense). But now that I watched Isai play as Ness and unleash all those combos on Ken or someone like that, it inspired me to put my hatred and dislikeness for ness away, and start to use him. I actually use him more than i do mario, and that's just sad for me! :( :( :( :( :(

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
sorry if i came across as rude. just making a pun. but really, chibi-robo VS. Snake or Samus? ouch.
i know it sounds kind of stupid, and thanks for apoligizing. i just don't like it when people are rude to one another. anyways, it does sound kind of stupid, chibi robo vs snake and stuff.....He may not sound formidable, but he's tough in his own way, as any other character.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
he could be one of those funny relief characters like game and watch with a very weird moveset.
he may have had a weird moveset, but he's pretty dang strong!

I've beaton Chibi-robo and I think he could be a great edition. Also his size wouldn't matter since I Kirby is 3 in. in his games. Here,s a move set.
B-chibi blaster (chargeable)
B^- grabs onto Tele flying up
B>+<-shocks with plug
B down- I guess he could break and fall on them
A's- series tail hits
Super Smash- aliens come down and attack other players
I hope this is O.K.
not a bad move list, keep it up!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Dude, he even said that the rosters weren't accurate. so the one calling the other is being a noob, so please stop with the name calling. it isn't nessecary.....(sorry for inaccurate spelling.)
(
It wasn't so much the lists as it was insulting the Sega Genesis. Neither the NES or the Genesis sucked. It was pretty out of place a guy that says "Old-School Gamer" in his sig says those two sucked.

Anyway, to all you who say "CHIBI-ROBO CAN'T FIGHT!", or you just can;'t think of a moveset, check the link I posted.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
Chibi shouldn't be in Brawl. When Snake blows away Pikachu with a grenade, what would Chibi do? Clean up the mess? He'd be a worthless addition.
He could gather up the mess, and use it against his enemy's. I don't know, think of something! The only explosive so far that i've seen snake use is a rocket launcher, and it looks kind of so-so....

It wasn't so much the lists as it was insulting the Sega Genesis. Neither the NES or the Genesis sucked. It was pretty out of place a guy that says "Old-School Gamer" in his sig says those two sucked.

Anyway, to all you who say "CHIBI-ROBO CAN'T FIGHT!", or you just can;'t think of a moveset, check the link I posted.
Well, maybe he's kind of stupid for putting it in his sig. I don't know! he may have very well owned them both and played them, but that doesn't stop him from what he says, now does it?

whitekirby

Smash Cadet
Chibi has a gun for an arm and kills a giant spider that captured the family in the end. How is that not fighting. He also has ship thing but he couldn't really use that. Also for his smash a's he could use his spoon like a sword. I shall support chibi to the end.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
Chibi has a gun for an arm and kills a giant spider that captured the family in the end. How is that not fighting. He also has ship thing but he couldn't really use that. Also for his smash a's he could use his spoon like a sword. I shall support chibi to the end.
more power to you. don't let anybody tell you off about character choice. I don't like Chibi Robo, or i don't hate him. Nice ideas, keep this thread alive!If this thread dies, then you can make your own, i guess.....

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Ugh... good job representing Texas there buddy.

Anyway, Chibi-Robo could be really awesome. His moveset would pretty much have to be entirely made up from scratch for Brawl though. Well, let's see... the obvious moves would be strong/medium jab with the toothbrush, similar to Kirby's forward b, and maybe they could work in something interesting with his cord and plug-for-a-tail.

Well, movesets aside for sec, it would just be cool if they attempted to make his size semi-accurate compared with the other characters. He wouldn't have to be as small as one of Link's boots, but he could at least (no taller hopefully) come up to Pichu's head in hight. If he were as tall as say, Mario, I think you'd lose a piece of what makes Chibi-Robo unique. That would be cool to be a tiny silver man. Good visual variety.

It's kind of weird that not very many people are discussing this, even though

1. Chibi-Robo isn't a side character.
2. isn't an unknown character,
3. isn't an OLD character,
4. his game sold moderately well, and they obviously aren't done with him as I believe the DS follow up is scheduled for release later this year. (meaning there may be pressure from Nintendo on Sakurai to include him)

Like it or not, Chibi-Robo, not as an A-list slugger, but an up and coming Nintendo franchise none-the-less, has quite a decent chance at making it into the game.

Top Bottom