• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How about a full, awesome, amazing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Anime?

Which game should the anime be based on?

• Keep Going! Blazing Adventure Squad (and etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I know there were a few episodes amidst the actual anime, but let's pretend those don't exist, because this would be much better and would be expanded upon greatly.

What we need is the plot of one of the Mystery Dungeon games (I volunteer Explorers of Sky/Time/Darkness). It would be quirky, yet epic while retaining what's awesome about the PMD series.

I think the main characters should be a Pikachu and a Riolu, because those guys are pretty much staples. Spinda and her cafe would have to be featured at some point (going with Explorers of Sky) with Wynaut and Wobbufett and everything. Wigglytuff, Chatot, Loudred, and all the rest would, of course, be part of the cast. And maybe there could be some bonus episodes that break off the main story line and feature the extra missions. Like how Wigglytuff started the guild, how Bidoof became an apprentice, the backstory of Grovyle and Dusknoir, and so much more!

I have a feeling that with a few really good voice actors (professionals, not the guys we have in the current Pokemon anime. Sorry guys, but they suck), some time, some effort, and a whole lotta love, this show could be pretty awesome. And hey, Nintendo stated after the new president was elected that they would be open to making new TV shows and stuff, so this is a REAL possibility! Someone pitch this to Nintendo, because I would PAY to see this!

Give your opinions below, because I know I'm not the only one who would like to see this happen.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
New TV shows, eh? What about a TV show that followed the Pokemon Adventures manga?

But yeah, a TV show about PMD would be pretty cool. I would love to see how hard they can make me cry.

I'd love to see a PMD anime, as I love the games so much!

Anime based on Pokemon Adventures would be cool as well. Anything would be better than the current Pokemon anime.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Honestly, if they were to do, like, an ACTUAL FULL-FLEDGED anime, then they'd base it off the most recent game, no doubt. What was even Super Mystery Dungeon's plot, anyway? I never got it because I heard it was bad.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Honestly, if they were to do, like, an ACTUAL FULL-FLEDGED anime, then they'd base it off the most recent game, no doubt. What was even Super Mystery Dungeon's plot, anyway? I never got it because I heard it was bad.
I haven't finished PSMD yet, but the story is fine for what the game is. It's not epic, no, but it's not bad either. Admittedly, it does get boring, but I still love the game.

BTW, love your profile picture. Overwatch release hype!

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I miss Pokemon spin-off animes... The Pikachu's Adventure shorts at the end of Pokemon VHS tapes were great, and I loved Chronicles and Origins.

Anyways, the first 15 seconds of the PMD Red/Blue ad always makes me think that would have made a good anime.

Last edited:

TK8305

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TK8305
I would love to see a full Pokemon Mystery Dungeon anime. :3

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
I'll say this straight up: If its OP were to have a darkly invigorating & haunting song like THIS ((Werning! LOTS of actual big spoilers for Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky are IN that OP! As an aside, I ADORE the song used in it, on account of being quite the fan of Higurashi/Umineko, as well as really wanting to attempt writing a Fan Anime OP Sequence Script featuring it, like how I used the 2nd Darker Than Black OP for writing up the OP for Shimmering Eyes: The Bubble Bursting Chapter here)), I'd SO tune in every week, for I could pretend to go into it blindly, and yet become very hype over its potential to pull a Madoka Magica by showcasing its TRUE colors within 3 eps or so (Now & Then Here & There waited until the beginning of Ep 2, while Narutaru (Shadow Star) waited until near the end of the 2nd Ep).

However, during those first few eps or so (and possibly for many eps afterwards....), I'd probably be anticipating whether or not the foreshadowed/spoiled dark scenes would actually come to fruition like with the Narutaru OP, or if it would be teased into non-importance like what happened with the Last Exile OP. As the aspiring writer of the ambitiously-in-perpetual-development series, Shimmering Eyes, I'd like to side with Frizz & Ace by personally hoping that such an anime would pull out all the stops in regards to--

*Cue "Riot starter" by SuperSweep from the 11eyes Original Soundtrack - CD1 (anime version)*

http://harijizo.deviantart.com/art/Excalibur-Snivy-188624591

((Shout-Outs to Harijizo for this, btw.))
<Sir Caliber the genuinely shiny Gentleman Snivy, whose outfit is essentially like the one in the above Spoiler tab, except with the entire outfit being colored forest green (including the cane)> *Proudly lifts both his cane and his head up high with a smug smile!* "Jerking their viewers' tear ducts around with the tragically brutal weight of The Libre!"

<Lady Artasia the female shiny :235: with a cerise-colored tail tip and a raspberry-colored bow below her neck> *Also proudly lifts both her tail & her head up high with a bold smile!* "Hopefully to such an extent that their viewers will generate as much of, if not more than, a blubbering puddle of feels as this 'Mon right here has, during a certain moment in time that Splooshi knows not when~"

<Sylus the male non-shiny :235: with an orange-colored tail tip and a tangerine-colored bowtie below his neck> *Grins as he presents said image inside the Spoiler tab below*
<Sylus> *Sheepishly smiles as he blushes* "It's obviously not one of my own paintings, nor that of my older sister Artasia's, but the idea it represents was just too good for us to pass up this opening for sharing it." :p

<Leese the female non-shiny Meowstic> *Gazes at the teary eyes of the shiny Zigzagoon pictured above with a warm smile, while squee-ing with an Animal Crossing-styled heart appearing over her head* "For as courageously handsome as that shiny Zigzagoon appears for openly brandishing the Trickling Eyes, and for as impressively grieved as he is to me by having kept crying long enough for a puddle to have formed where he is.... *Regretfully sighs over what she's about to say next* Doesn't it seem odd that his Trickling Eyes haven't transitioned to the Raining Eyes yet?"

<Sylus> *Notices that his nose, hands, and feet are completely dry!* "Now that you mention that, it DOES seem weird that his nostrils are also unusually clean as well, along with the rest of his fur. I mean, realistically, good hearty cries DO involve more than just the eyes."

<Artasia> *Focuses her attention on the area directly below his eyes* "The red & swollen signs that should be below his eyes seem to be missing as well, but unlike the last two points, this CAN be excused by his naturally red fur possibly concealing those visual signs."

<Caliber> "While I'm certainly fascinated by these observations we've made here thus far, with my own Big Brother Instinctual desires to run over to him & give Cooldown Hugs being as intense as the redness of his fur, it's unfortunate that Splooshi wants us to halt our examination of that pic for now, because it looks like he has something else he'd like to say here, so we should let him do so."

<RL Me> ".... As I was about to say, before Caliber & Company chimed in, I said pretend, due to said fanmade OP being very spoiler-riffic, and for as much as I ADORE that fanmade OP I found above, I've basically spoiled myself quite heavily on what goes down in the 2nd game, which I've never personally played...." XD;

<Caliber> "Or ANY PMD game for that matter." :\

<RL Me> I'll confirm that in red: "I've not genuinely played a single PMD game at all, as of this point in time."

<Artasia> "And yet Splooshi Splashy, the fancreator who has summoned me, my Snivy husband, my younger brother, and his girlfriend to aid him in this post, voted for Gates to Infinity, despite him not having played that either."

<Sylus> "Pray tell, for what reason do you wish to share for that decision, after you've essentially Red Texted a considerable amount of credibility OUT of yourself?" :\

<RL Me> I'm glad you asked, Sylus with the Stylus~ Since I DID just confirm in red that I've not played Gates either, I don't believe that I'm in a position to really say anything of great substance about it, aside from a desire to share 2 spoiler-riffic images I really like, and to squee about the True Big Bad of it, despite not having seen said True Big Bad in action at all.... (Welp, that'll be as much squee-ing as I'm gonna do for the True Big Bad here.... >_> ) So I guess that just leaves me with the 2 images, one of which being part 1 of a 3-parter, that got me squeeing at first sight, while I was scouring the internets for reference materials with which to draw inspiration from, for developing Shimmering Eyes.

<Caliber> So in other words, the images themselves will be the biggest source of Spoilers you'll be sharing?

<RL Me> Correct. Expect Caliber & Company to lead the commentaries on what's in the images themselves, without really saying anything about Gates itself, as a way to further preview Shimmering Eyes. Oh, and said images would also be scenes that would be quite the treat to see animated.
*Cue "Hacking to the Gate -Instrumental- (Symphonic Ver.)" from the STEINS;GATE SYMPHONIC REUNION album*

<RL Me> First up, a noteworthy 3-Part No-Holds-Barred Yard-Stomping!
http://jellehbear.deviantart.com/art/Hacking-Fate-Pt-i-377321883

((Shout-outs to JellehBear as well, btw.))

<Artasia> *Her glaring eyes begin to well up with tears as she aggressively points at the bottom half of the panels with her tail in her hands!* "That 'Chu's own Shimmering Eyes FAILED to dissuade that Kyurem from stomping the proverbial yard in two dimensions!" >=(

<Leese> *Patpats Arta on the shoulder, and gazes at the two panels featuring the teary-eyed 'Chu with a soothing smile* "Hey, at least that 'Chu tried to use his hopefully emotional tears to elicit mercy from that Kyurem. *Cheerfully shrugs* It's just too bad that ice dragon wasn't buying it. Maybe if he had tasted them before stomping him...."

<Sylus> *Grabs his tail and aggressively points it at the 4th Wall!* "Splooshi, there better be more parts to this scene like you said there is....!"

(Of course there's more pages to this scene, dawg. You just gotta follow the cited link above, which DOES SAY PART ONE, & then you'll find the next 2 pages~ We'd say more, but then we'd risk ruining the surprise~)
<RL Me> And the 2nd being an "Unforgettable Scene"... that I'd probably be agree-ing with more wholeheartedly, if I've actually seen this scene as a whole, including what came before & after it. XI

*Cue "Prologue of a Live [Live a Live]" by takehiro from the End of justice -Heterodoxy Seeker- (aka, a doujin remix album for Live-A-Live)*
http://asdfg21.deviantart.com/art/Unforgettable-Scene-365617723

((Shout-outs to asdfg21, btw.))

<Caliber> *Leaps atop of a stump & proudly lifts both his head & his cane high up, while sporting a bold smile!* "And now it is time for me, Sir Caliber, to lead the charge here as one of the leading characters of the 'Mon division of Shimmering Eyes!"

<Artasia> *Nervously faces the above pic* "Honey, are you sure we should be attempting to embellish this scene? Unlike the last Spoiler, this one looks like there would be much to explain, and certain key pieces of Spoilery information MIGHT be necessary to comprehend the meaning of this moment, which Splooshi is most likely oblivious to."

<Caliber> *Lowers his head & cane as he directly faces Arta in the eyes* "You're right, my dear. Perhaps we should stick to describing what a cursory glance from an outsider's perspective can reveal."

<Artasia> "But Splooshi doesn't know the roles that all those 'Mons play in that story, aside from the 'Chu & Oshawott, and between them, we don't even know who's the leader & who's the partner."

<Caliber> "That he doesn't, and by extension us, since we ARE his fancreations." *Upon looking at where 'Chu's facing, suddenly has a thought come to his mind as he also notices his open mouth!* "However, there IS a concept here that 'Chu IS demonstrating, that we CAN embellish!"

<Sylus> "If it's what I think it is, then maybe the expected results of it are what comes after this snapshotted moment?" :p

*Cue the Instrumental Recreation of the Hoshido Version of Aqua's Song, skipped ahead to the 00:15 mark, provided below~*

<Caliber> *Proudly re-raises his head & cane as he hops atop of the stump he's still on!* "RALLYING the troops with a Rousing Speech, so fervently delivered, that he passionately brandishes the Trickling Eyes as a sign of how strongly he believes that the war can still be won!"

<Leese> *Brandishes thee Shimmering Eyes from the hype that Caliber brought!* "Hearing you exclaim that, and seeing that courageously handsome 'Chu crying out for their continued unity, are invoking fond memories of that day when I heard you give a bombastically grandiose speech on how one can use emotional tears to pacifistically resolve conflicts."

<Artasia> *Also brandishes thee Shimmering Eyes, as a memory from when Caliber valiantly defended one of her paintings featuring him in the classic "Draw me like one of your French Girls~" meme pose, which was deemed "too salt-inducing" by the general public, comes to mind!* "It's one of the many reasons why I married him~" ;)

<Voicle the male non-shiny Altaria> *Flies on-screen from the top half of it* (I'm going to be the last special guest in this post. Once I sing my ditty, this post will be over....) "I beg your pardon Caliber, but I've written up lyrics of my own to accompany the above magnificent song, which, to be honest with you readers, probably has more to do with us Coalitionists from the Shimmering Eyes universe, than it does this scene."

<Caliber> "Pardon begged, Voicle. Your lyrics will probably desecrate the power & weight of the scene above, but here's to hoping that it won't cause as much salt spillage as that one piece of anti-Popplio fanart has been doing for the last 2 days or so."

<Sylus> "Which Splooshi is thinking about sharing at this week's post for the Official Conquest Thread. Keyword, thinking."

<Voicle> Thank you so much Caliber. :D Now I'll get to show you readers why Splooshi keeps skipping ahead to the 44 second mark of the above song, seemingly every time he sets his eyes on this scene. *Takes a deep breath as he mentally prepares himself to take center stage....*

*Cue the above shared song, skipped ahead to the 00:44 mark*

<Voicle> *Imitates the original vocalist's style of singing in the way he emphasizes, times, and picks certain words based on syllable count, which factored into the following lyrics~* "Alllll that-stands-betweeeen you-and-doooom, are your own tears, that-which-serrrve to shielllld from-the-pulllls~! Maaaay your-own-troooops cover-youuuu, as you heal up, from the bouuuts of despaiiiir~"

<Cehwin the male shiny Plusle> *Squees very loudly!* Dude, that first sentence is one of the key ways that I stay loyal to my Minccino girlfwiend Linnei, even when that one 'Chu in the Pop Star outfit keeps twying to seduce me away fwom her! :D

<Sebrin the male non-shiny Minun> *Also squees loudly!* That second sentence is pwobably what happened after this image got wesumed in the actual game. :)

<Voicle> Thank you boys for liking my little ditty, for as embarrassing as it may have been for Splooshi to have typed that out for me, so thanks to you too~

<Cehwin> "Heh, he probably mentally washed that out with one of those countless so-called 'super-serious dance-fight' songs he seems to really like bumping up, like Riot starter at the top of this post." XD

*Cue "Darkening Dusk" from the Touhou 10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody OST*

<Voicle> "Welp, that'll be all for this post, readers. It's high time we depart, Criers."

<Cehwin> *Uses Fake Tears to instantly brandish thee Shimmering Eyes* "Already!? But we just got here!"

<Sebrin> *Also uses Fake Tears to instantly brandish thee Shimmering Eyes* "Isn't there something else we could talk about, now that we're here?"

<Voicle> "There is, but Splooshi doesn't know this scene well enough to cover it. Plus, according to him, this post has gone on long enough." :<

<Caliber> "You heard him, boys. Our duty in this post has been finished, so now we must go."

<Artasia> "Yes, lets. Who knows, maybe we'll get to be in Splooshi's next post, which will most likely be at the Official Conquest Thread."

<Sylus> "That might be when we'll get to tastefully discuss that one anti-Popplio pic Caliber & I mentioned earlier.

<Leese> "Apparently, it'll have been drawn from the perspective of a quote-unquote 'hater'. Could that view help develop the "Saltspecters" that supposedly haunt both us and especially the Bottler Brigade?"

<Cehwin & Sebrin> "OOOOOH!"

<Voicle> "Now then, may we leave this post together as one~"

<Caliber, Artasia, Sylus, Leese, Cehwin, Sebrin, and Voicle> *All unanimously depart from the screen at once!*

Last edited:
Top Bottom