• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hovering with a copied Silver Bow

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Not sure if anyone's already discovered this--I searched and couldn't find anything--but I noticed it yesterday and thought it was interesting. Not sure if it could have much practical use, but it's interesting nonetheless.

I was just playing around, having a battle against a CPU Dark Pit, Inhaled him, and copied the Silver Bow. A little later, I went for an F-Throw, and tried to use the Silver Bow directly afterward. To my surprise, I floated in midair the entire time I was charging, and didn't drop until the arrow had been fired. I tried it a few more times, and it seems to work consistently if the move is used early enough after the throw. Further testing on both the 3DS and Wii U led to a few discoveries:

• Hovering while charging a copied Silver Bow is possible in the bounce off the ground after Kirby's F-Throw, B-Throw, and U-Throw
  • If the Bow is charged again quickly enough after firing (use it again about the time he starts to put it away), Kirby can hover indefinitely
  • Aiming the bow for the initial shot does not affect this (although trying to control the arrow too long after firing prevents repeat hovering)
  • Interestingly enough, this does not appear to work for other copied abilities, including Pit's Palutena Bow

Again, not sure if this is something anyone will really get any use out of, but I figured it was worth sharing just in case!

Top Bottom