• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hotmail help!

comboking

Smash Master
hey i need some help w/ my hotmail account. i'm trying to be able to get my hotmail stuff from my gmail account, but i can't get the right POP3 address for gmail. where could i find it??

my friend needs help

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I thought Hotmail charged for POP3 access.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know you can get your Gmail through POP, but I also thought that Hotmail wouldn't let you. It wouldn't surprise me, Hotmail IS owned by Microsoft now.

meta master

Smash Journeyman
Hotmail only lets you forward your messages to other MSN and hotmail accounts. make the stwitch to gmail and you probbly won't look back. (the first few months will be annoying though because people cant make a simple change in the address book). and yes, if you pay for upgraded storage and stuff, then you get POP3 access but since i like freeware, i never chose that option.

EDIT: i hate the hotmail changes as well. it seems much slower

EDIT 2: does this link help? http://lifehacker.com/5149465/gmail-adds-easier-email-switching-tools

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Hotmail is a ripoff with a lousy interface.

Welcome to 2009! Welcome to Gmail! :D

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
With Hotmail, you have to pay absurd amounts of money just to match the quality of Gmail. Hence, RIPOFF! :p

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Email is borderline outdated, too. I use forum PMs and Facebook messages more than email these days.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yeah. Facebook / Myspace + Instant Messaging = No point for E-mail.

The only thing I use e-mail for still is for school and that is because it is required. Oh and for receiving notifications, which includes a pop up on my computer that I got a new message, reply, or comment of some sort in the various other communication devices I use online.

haha

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Email is for old people. The only people I actively email these days are my parents. Old people feel so bleeding-edge and modern by using email, but they don't realize that we have long since moved onto other things. XD

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Are you out of school already? All my classes require me to use e-mail. It's so ********.

E-mail has some purposes though, if you can attach pop-ups to your desktop from it you can know when you receive a new notification of some sort from Myspace / Facebook / Smashboards.

it really does come in handy for THAT, even though it's just acting as a middleman. lol

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
No, I'm still in college, but think about it! The school is operated by who? OLD PEOPLE!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I will establish my university and operate it through Facebook. XD

And yes, I want the commander position.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Speaking of which, my university's email service is an abomination: 15 MB size limit. No, not 15 GB. No, not 15 MB per email. We get 15 MB total for all email. Idiotic.

I have all my mail forwarded to my Gmail account and instantly deleted from my school account to keep it empty. Sometimes, I get attachments that are 10 MB by themselves. @_@

Vorguen

Smash Champion
What?!!!!

How can you even function like that? That means Power Points, and any other large documents would be a complete failure. I hope at least your teachers have larger capacities on their inboxes.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Like I said...... OLD PEOPLE.

"15 MB is more than enough. You young whipper-snappers need to stop pirating everything over email."

Top Bottom