• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hot take, brawl is the worst official Super smash bros game yet

Yoyomom

Smash Rookie
I know this is probably the wrong place to talk about this, but here goes.

Back in the 90s, I wanted a crossover with Mario, Mega Man, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Link from The legend of Zelda. Then I learned about Super smash bros which had Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, and Kirby, but no Mega Man. Then came Melee which added more playable characters, but still now Mega Man. When the Wii was new, I learned that although Mega Man started out on a Nintendo system, he belongs to Capcom rather than Nintendo. So, I almost accepted the possibility that Mega Man will never be playable in the Super smash bros series. Until brawl announced Snake. Snake doesn't belong to Nintendo. If Snake of all characters can be playable in Smash, surely Mega Man will finally be playable too, right? But some jerk on Youtube told Me Mega Man has been in enough crossovers already. I didn't ask for Marvel vs Capcom. But still, imagine all the 3rd party characters we could get. Mega Man, Proto Man, Roll, maybe Sonic, Mitsurugi from Soul calibur, or maybe Bartz from Final Fantasy V with the ability to summon Bahamut for his final smash. However, I read that brawl will only have no more than 3 playable 3rd party characters including Snake, which meant brawl will only get up to two more playable 3rd party characters. I remembered a cartoon from my childhood called Captain N the game master, and three of the main characters were Simon, Kid Icarus aka Pit, and Mega Man. Pit was already confirmed for brawl, so I was hoping they would use a Captain N reunion as a reason to have Mega Man join brawl. Then I saw a flash animation by Jerry Jackson who wanted a crossover between Mario and Sonic. And I was like "That would be stupid. Why would they waste a 3rd party slot on Sonic when we can reunite the Captain N trio? Besides, didn't Sonic try to kill Nintendo?" Then we got Mario & Sonic at the olympic games. I was frustrated at first, but then I was like "There, we got a crossover with Mario and Sonic. Now can we PLEASE reunite the Captain N trio?" But no. We got Sonic in brawl anyway. So, I gave upon Simon since I didn't grow up with him and we have a Konami rep in brawl anyway, and I hope the third and final playable 3rd party character in brawl would be none other than Mega Man. Brawl was released, and who was the third playable 3rd party character in brawl? The answer is nobody. All we got was a character from an M rated game that barely has anything to do with Nintendo and Nintendo's former rival who just had a crossover game with Mario already.

Luckily, Mega Man joined Smash eventually as well as Simon, and I hope we never get another official Super smash bros game with more Sonic reps than Mega Man reps ever again.

Top Bottom