• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hot and Cold

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Look at this, another lousy RMT by Mood4food. All I do is make ****ty teams for you to yell at me and say "What a bad player, why would you do such a thing?" I don't care, I'm bored and this one is kind of creative. I can't seem to make it work and it's only a few pieces away from being a solid team. I'm trying dual-weather team and it's just not working out as well as I hoped for. So all I'm asking for is a little help. <3!

Anyways, here's a quick breakdown of how I came to the current product:

At first, I wanted to make a dual-weather team with hail, so I decided let's try a fire and ice team. Going with Abomasnow and Ninetales was pretty obvious. I then chose Kyurem as it's a monster in the hail. After seeing my Fighting weakness build up, I chose Gengar to compliment that. Soon, I realized, my team isn't bulky and lacks good switch-ins. Also, there are not many Pokemon who can take advantage of both Sun and Hail so I scrap that idea completely.

I then decide, since it's been a while since I made a team, why not start off with something easier. I decide to go with a Drought and Drizzle team. Since Ninetales was already there, Poltoed was an obvious choice. Now with Sun and Rain, I needed something that could use both weathers pretty well. I think of Volcarona, who also is a pretty badass mother****er, and decide that she is welcome as well. And with Volcarona on the team, I must use a spinner, so here I am contemplating which one to use between Donphan and Forretress. I end up going with Forretress because of him being a Steel type.

Now I only have two open slots left. I try out like 20 different combinations of Pokemon who could work well. I even go for UU Pokemon at some points. I was switching between Heatran, Blissey, Gastrodon, Empoleon, Venusaur, Breloom, Zapdos, and even Conkeldurr. Eventually, I decided to use Gastrodon and Breloom. Gastrodon gives me a Special Wall while Breloom gives me a physical attacker.

On paper, it seems like a solid team but there's always something missing. So here I am, left with this team that just needs a few more pieces to the puzzle. Now, to move forward, this is the current team build-up:

@ Life Orb
Timid / Drought
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Fire Blast
Energy Ball
Will-o-Wisp
Hidden Power Fighting

The standard Ninetales. Fire Blast creates holes through Pokemon who dare face her. HP Fighting for the Heatran that think they can get a free switch-in. Energy Ball deals a lickin' to the Politoed, Tyranitar, and Hippowdon who want to end Ninetales rays of sunshine. She's pretty detrimental to the make-up of a Rain and Sun team so she's pretty awesome.

@ Leftovers
Bold / Drizzle
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Scald
Ice Beam
Toxic
Protect

Your everyday neighbor defensive Politoed. This has proven to be my most successful choice of moves for him as they compliment the team quite well. Protect is a great scouting move and Ice Beam hits those Grass type Pokemon who want to ruin the fun. It also hits those obnoxious Dragon types who want all the attention, those attention seeking *****s. As being the second half of a dual-weather team, his role is quite obvious and detrimental to the make-up of this team.

@ Leftovers
Timid / Flame Body
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Quiver Dance
Hurricane
Bug Buzz
Fire Blast

Oh Volcarona, quite the gal isn't she? She gets this set as it takes advantage of both weathers while hitting pretty freaking hard. Quiver Dance is the ultimate set-up move and her typing is a great compliment for this team. She's a force to be reckoned with and the premier offensive threat on this team. Be warned, she likes to leave opponents cradling in the fetal position after she's done using them to mop the floors.

@ Leftovers
Relaxed / Sturdy
0 IV Spe
252 HP / 176 Def / 56 SpD
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Spikes
Volt Switch

Oh little Forretress, playing the role as Volcarona's boyfriend. How I feel sorry for you. All you do is set **** up, protect your sweetheart from the evil-doings of Stealth Rock, and then go back to hiding in the abyss. What am I saying? I don't feel sorry, I enjoy it. You do your job without complaining and bring great support for a team that needs them. You resist Dragon attacks, you scout the opponents switch-ins, you set **** up, and you take **** away. Keep doing your job and no one will complain, you little defensive beast.

@ Leftovers
Sassy / Storm Drain
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Earthquake
Scald
Ice Beam
Recover

Gastrodon is the Special wall this team needs. She also provides awesome immunities to Electric and Water attacks, things my team really enjoys having around. She's going the three attack way as toxic is being better utilized by Politoed. Recover is obviously needed to stay as fat as she likes to be. She greatly compliments this team as she laughs as opponents try to abuse their weather team. Gastrodon functions as the savior of this team.

@ Leftovers
Calm / Levitate
248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Dragon Pulse
Surf
HP Fire
Recover

**** Gastrodon, Latias is the gel to this team. Doing this switch made this team go form an above average team to a goddamn ****ing moster bull**** team that just can't lose. Seriously, I think I've only lost once by adding this little bundle of joy to the team. Thanks Wave for the suggestion, this team is a total force now!

@ Choice Band
Adamant / Technician
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Mach Punch
Bullet Seed
Low Sweep
Stone Edge

Oh Breloom, why are you so ****ing good? Seriously? What in the world made Arceus think that Technician was a good idea? Seriously, he's a ridiculously powerful Physical monster that gives no ****s about the opponent. He takes care of all the roles a Physical attacker needs in one simple set. Revenge killer? Mach Punch the **** out of them. Scout? Low Sweep the switch-ins so they can't do jack ****. I could go on but you get the point. He's just so freakishly good that it's almost unfair.

That's what I got, the team has been pretty good at dealing with threats but there always seems to be something that gets around my team. All help will be welcome and as always...<3!

After using and abusing this team, I have come to this conclusion: This team is complete and utter bull****. It doesn't lose and when it does, it's because I am an idiot and let something gain boosts galore. It's either a Volcarona sweep (which happens pretty often apparently) or a complete destruction of their team trying to win a weather war that isn't happening. It somehow manages to check everything in the game quite well. I have yet to have a problem with anything. This is quite possibly the best team I have ever created and seriously, it ****s **** up. Thanks for the help!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Why Gastrodon? Latias could run a better Recover + 3 Attacks set.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
why didn't i think of latias, that'll help a lot as sun teams give my team quite a bit of trouble and gastrodon can't do anything about them

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
any reason in particular?
Because this Volcarona is obviously built up to act as more of a sweeper than an offensive pivot.

Put in other terms, his purpose is to switch in, set up, and potentially pull of a 6-0 sweep.

With this purpose in mind, Fiery Dance fits the role better due to its higher accuracy, and potential Sp.A boost. It basically allows you to set up while sweeping, which makes Volcarona all the more difficult to stop once it gets going.

Fire Blast is more suited to pokemon like Flygon, Heatran, or Chandelure. Because basically, they're going to want to switch in at opportune moments and deal as much damage as possible before they're forced to retreat.

Lastly, theres a chance that Fire Blast may miss at a critical moment and ruin your sweep.

Edit:

Kudos for creativity though.
I tried making a dual-weather team once and it didn't end well. x3

Best of luck!

:phone:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Considering that Fire Blast is just as strong as a +1 Fiery Dance, I'm not so sure about that switch.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
An 80 damage Fire Attack would usually kill anything a Fire Blast would. Bug Buzz and Hurricane become a lot stronger after the boost as well.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Then some random ***** like bulky landorus comes in, usually harmless, then ****s you over when it only takes like 76% from Fiery Dance.

Don't worry, you would've missed with Fire Blast anyways.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i made my rank from a ****ty 650 all the way up to ~1400 with this team, i never felt the need to use fiery dance but i'll try it out

also, latias is great for this team but i'm using this set:

Latias@ Leftovers
Calm / Levitate
252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Spe
Dragon Pulse
Surf
HP Fire
Recover

anything i should be doing different with it?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
248 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe

So you can be a baller and outspeed 4 Speed non-HP Fire Latias. And Espeon.

Top Bottom