• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Hopefully) New AT discovered!--Toon Link

Tenza

Smash Cadet
<>Intro

Although I'm probably wasting my time writing this (someone probably discovered this already just like my millions of other ATs), I believe I have discovered a new technique for Toon Link users.

I call it

the ~~False Bomb~~

<>What it does and how to perform it

To perform the FB, start by pulling out a bomb with down+special. While doing a running jump toward the enemy, (or you can jump in place) turn around as if preparing for a RAR and throw your bomb with A--BUT immediately after throwing it, quickly press shield+A while holding the direction the bomb is going. This should result in you re-catching the bomb OR if you tapped A again by accident/on purpose you will throw the bomb a second time after a quick spark on toon link's body.

<>Uses

This technique is pretty useful in that it can be used as mindgames to trick your opponent into dodging a bomb they thought you threw or to throw off your opponent's supposedly perfectly-timed dodge. I also found it useful for stopping myself from throwing my bomb in the wrong direction thus enabling a second chance.

<>As a side note...

As a side note, please don't tell me to use the search to make sure my technique hasn't already been discovered because frankly, what am I supposed to enter? "Technique that i just discovered that I hope doesn't already exist"? Seriously...

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Wait... wouldn't your opponent have already finished dodging once you catch the bomb.

- I could see how this could work as a mind game tactic though..

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
So basically you're just turning around and catching a bomb you threw really fast. Is this really an advanced technique, or you just pressing button's quickly, using the games normal physics to do something. Any angry monkey and/or casual player can press buttons quickly.

orintemple

Smash Lord
It is just another one of those "you are pressing buttons faster than usual so you think it is an AT" scenarios.

This is not an AT. Unless you give me a video and prove to me that your description is just something I am misunderstanding and is a real AT, but I doubt it.

Also, shouldn't this be in the Toon Link character discussion? Just a thought.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Man these AT threads are really grasping at straws these days. This just seems like a minorly exploitable movement.

Finch

Smash Lord
This is really really old. Also, wrong section. If you had checked the toon link boards you would have found this was already known immediately.

zyzex

Smash Rookie
Better than nothing. I'll give this a try next time I get on. I'd really like to improve with my Toon Link.

Zeborg

Smash Cadet
You guys are all butts. While the technique may not be new, that's no reason to put it down. All the negativity is just deterring people from making any contribution to the smash community.

Besides, there's no definition for what constitutes an 'advanced technique.' L-canceling wasn't advanced...it was programmed into the game and it's just pressing buttons really fast. Wavedashing was just "special movement" performed by combining known physics mechanics together in a unique way...sort of like this technique.

Technically speaking, there really aren't any "advanced techniques"...just techniques. So lay off the hate, guys.

D

Deleted member

ZA bomb is more effective

press Z, then any aerial immediatly after to catch your bomb

Top Bottom