• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hop Shining

BlackBluRR

Smash Rookie
Just wondering if anyone else out there was experimenting with Falco's new shine the way I have. Not sure how useful it'll be but what I've been trying is releasing the shine right as I take off for a full hop, short hop, or even double jump. With the short hop shine you can stab in and DI back as the shine comes out. And with the full hop you can do the same thing and catch them in the air but still have enough air time to land an aerial or jump again. It's kinda tricky getting the shine to come out early enough with the full hop because of the button layout. What i did was switch L trigger for another Special button. Same thing for the double jump. I dunno, just seems like something that could turn out kinda useful. Try it out and tell me what you guys think of it.

Another thing i found out you can do with it I return from the ledge with it. Press back to drop from the ledge, and double jump shine to recover. Good for catching people off guard when they're close enough to the ledge.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, something new to add to Falco's shine info.

Keep them rolling guys. I want to know almost everything by the time it comes out on PAL XD

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
This discription is VERY situational.

I honsetly don't perfer the shine as an attack, just because there's so much lag. There's uses, but this isn't one of the best of them.

It's okay if you disagree with me. I may be wrong, but it's just imho. ^_^

BlackBluRR

Smash Rookie
If you do it the way i described it ( performing the shine at the same moment you leave the ground) most of the lag time comes out while your still in the air, and in full control of your DI. If you do it from a full jump youll be able to attack as you begin you descent from the first jump. I messed around with it for a while it found it pretty useful for creating openings for attack.

Zellsfalco

Smash Apprentice
ya i agree with yoru, u may as well do n aerial dude. has more knock back, and does the job of damage. the shine would pretty much be useless blkblur.

BlackBluRR

Smash Rookie
If thats true than why was it so useful back in melee. Its the same concept as before just done in a different way. The shine opens up for more hits. It's still got offensive capabilities.

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
Melee led to combos and you could cancel it with a jump/ waveshine. Brawl shine has a ton of lag.

Not to attack your theory, I just think there are other ways to use the shine then jumping with it as an attack. If it works for people, then they should use it. I just prefer other ways of doing things. ^_^

Rawb Face

Smash Rookie
I don't know if I'm adding anything new to this thread, but did anyone else notice that Falco's shine makes him fall faster? I occasionally do it when I'm trying to SHDL, and he always hits the stage sooner, throwing off my rhythm.

BlackBluRR

Smash Rookie
That's probably happening because when you press Down - B to throw the shine your hitting down just a little bit before you hit B and start a fast fall. Try to do it by just tilting down so that the shine still comes without a fast fall.

Top Bottom