• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homing Attack vs. Smash Ball

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
Could somebody check a few things for me? I can't play the game right now (*curses self for leaving it at a friend's house*) so I can't check these things:

(1) It was mentioned that the Homing Attack zeroes into a Smash Ball. Is this true? And if so, if an opponent is near by, will the Homing Attack instead go for the opponent?

(2) I saw a brief clip of a video where Sonic Homing Attacked into a Dedede, and knocked a Smash Ball out of him. Is the Homing Attack a move that instantaneously knocks out a Smash Ball from an opponent? Because that would prove extremely useful if it's true.

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
Ah, correction to (2):

I meant that if an opponent broke open a Smash Ball and is currently in possession of a Final Smash, and THEN Sonic hits them with a Homing Attack, will the opponent immediately lose the Smash Ball?

So I'm trying to discover whether or not the Homing Attack is a guaranteed Smash Ball remover from opponents.

I'll try to find the video to show what I mean.

Edit: Found it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QwzQYBembdc

at 0:12 and 1:11.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Well.. how do you know if D3 didn't get already...that clip doesn't show him getting it and then sonic hitting it out.

=]

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Even after some one gets a smashball, you can still knock it out of them. You have to hit them multiple times to get it to come out. The more damage one has, the easier it is to knock the smash ball out.

Top Bottom