• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homing Attack as a recovery

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
I know I'm not the only one to do this, but it's come to my attention that, in particular situations, the Homing Attack can be a better recovery for sheer distance than Sonic's Side+B or Up+B, since it zeroes in on enemies standing on the stage, hoping to edgeguard you. Think of it as an invisible tether grab that you don't have to aim.

The keyword here, though, is "particular situations". If you're below the stage, for example, Up+B is your better bet since Homing Attack might rocket you downwards at 45 degrees...>_>

So I was wondering, what would be the ideal distance for Homing Attack to be the best recovery? Not too close to the stage, since a simple Side+B could handle that, with the added bonus of an attack, and not too far from the stage, since a double jump+Fair+UpB would be the better bet. It's got to be a small window of opportunity, not too far and not too close..."just right."

Of course these are just my thoughts, and although I think the majority of Sonic players would agree that Up+B is a better recovery overall, I just think this has potential. Could anybody here experiment with Sonic and see if they agree?

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
Hm, so Homing Attack, shooting downwards to get a little more horizontal distance, then Up+B? Makes sense.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
I advice against it, it can make you predictable and even easier to edge guard.

Soloman

Smash Apprentice
u can range homing to spinshot and air dodge, nice clean recovery almost no opportunity for edgehogger to get u.

Top Bottom