• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy Water followup

Glicnak

Smash Apprentice
Among all of the Belmonts' tools, holy water is the one that really allows you the time select your options based on what you want to do. I figured we should have a thread dedicated to what your best optimized options are when your opponent is stuck in Holy Water depending on what you want to do.

There are the very obvious: Dash grab, forward or down smash, dash attack, sideB... but those are by far not optimized. I do see a lot of people doing some pretty crazy combo videos but a lot of them seem like they can be DI'd out of, or are so strict on timing that you need to already commit before seeing a hitconfirm for the holy water.

What I think we should iron out are small hitconfirmable optimizations like short hop nair into grab, or what your best option is if you have time to set up an aerial cross or an axe throw.

I'm posting this here to force myself to lab this stuff out over the next few nights but feel free to post here. I think it'd be best if we separate it between true combos, DIable combos, and quick/easy optimizations for kill confirms or stage control.

Happy hunting!

Shope

Smash Rookie
Dash grab and down smash seem unreliable as the opponent is often popped into the air. Dair to fair is a decent option for stage control + damage but you'd get more distance out of fsmash. There are also some specific combos using falling nair and return hit of cross, but imo, those are a bit overstated. Most of the time, people are getting out of holy water quickly. Personally, I think it's best to go for the ftilt or fsmash and get some stage control and then start zoning again. Once you get to about 80, fsmash can start killing.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
I usually go for a bread n butter dair > fair to set them offstage or towards the ledge to put on pressure.

Top Bottom