• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy ****ing ****

null55

Smash Master
Please don't tell me you're saying that stuff doesn't work anymore.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
One thing you'll notice is how rarely Claw's opponents air-dodge in those clips. Anyone who knows the ZSS matchup will air-dodge as much as possible to avoid her aerial game.

Ledge spiking: Possible. Requires great timing and poor ledge choices from your opponent.

Plasma Wire to D-smash: No. The video greatly exaggerates the effectiveness of this. It can be DI'd above 60%.

Cake combo: Again, anyone that knows the matchup will avoid being above you as much as possible and will always be ready to air-dodge.

Flip jump spiking: All timing. Works best on stunned opponents at the edge who can't be ledge-spiked because of their placement.

Plasma wire spike: See Cake combo.

Platforms: Are your friend.

In conclusion, this stuff does work (with the exception of plasma wire d-smash). But all of that footage was taken before people knew the matchup well.

null55

Smash Master
But below 60%, it essentially is a combo?

Anyway despite that, I still greatly appreciate ZSS as a character now. That was the not so subtle point in this extremely pointless thread.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Below 60%, your opponent will either land and be able to shield/spot-dodge, or they will be able to tech before you can get dsmash off. If they miss the tech, you can dsmash, and I tend to rely on that possibility, because it does turn out to be profitable.

Play me in friendlies at Be a Bro. I must needs show off my ZSS.

Top Bottom