• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy Crap (Character Revelation) *Starfox Assault Spoilers!*

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
I just finished playing Starfox Assault for the gamecube--not an amazing game by any stretch, but still an enjoyable one. However, the game was monumental in changing my perspective on things.

Before playing that game, I did not want Wolf in brawl at all. To me, he was a simple clone, devoid of any character traits except failure (which he tended to do a LOT in Starfox 64. All he did was challenge Fox and get shot down). But in Starfox Assault, Wolf was given new life, and a new purpose. He is BY FAR the most badass character in that game, was given an awesome voice upgrade, and has some incredible lines in that overall poorly written game:

"Pigma? Don't know anything about Pigma. But there is one thing...I'm owed an apology, and I WILL have it!" (Before the first fight in Sargasso)

"You're the one who dropped in unannounced. And if anyone's gonna tan your hide, it's gonna be me. Wipe that stupid look off your mug! We're not done yet." (after saving Fox from the Aparoids in Corneria)

"I thought I told you...I didn't come here to save you...so how long to plan on taking space up on my wing?" (After Fox thanks him for saving his life)

"Keep your advice to yourself, and your eyes up front, pup!" (In the Queen Aparoid's chamber before the fight)

"Don't hesitate. When the time comes, just act!"
(Um. yeah)

Wolf not only managed to change my opinion of this character's inclusion in SSBB--it re-invigorated me for future Starfox games to come. This character is worth coming back for, and his character development is monumental in the Starfox universe.

Had you asked me who I wanted in more before playing Starfox Assault, I would've said Krystal. Now, without a doubt, I'm exuberant that Wolf is in instead. Maybe in the next edition we'll get Krystal too, but I just can't complain with this character's inclusion one bit. And for anyone who's played this game, I don't understand their resentment of his inclusion in SSBB, and never will.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Yup, Assault made me want Wolf a lot. Go check my "Do you like Wolf as a character" thread for others too!

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Good to know that one more person now understands my reason for why Wolf was my most wanted newcomer. Star Fox Assault certainly proved that Wolf is a lot more than Fox with gray fur and an eyepatch, which seems to be how lots of people felt about him and unfortunately how many still do.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Good to know that one more person now understands my reason for why Wolf was my most wanted newcomer. Star Fox Assault certainly proved that Wolf is a lot more than Fox with gray fur and an eyepatch, which seems to be how lots of people felt about him and unfortunately how many still do.
That's exactly how I feel ,except that Wolf was my third most wanted newcomer (beaten by Ridley and Bowser Jr).

On a fun side, it was the first game where Wolf appeared as playable. lol
Sadly, even with the highest health and speed in the game, I still cannot beat my brother (who uses Falco, the LOWEST health in the game). But then again, he spends all day in those darn Arwings (and then proceeds to cry foul when I counter with a certain overused Final Smash..)! I think Brawl is revenge time!:flame:

Arteen

Smash Lord
Most of the characters from 64 have completely different personalities in Assault, especially the Star Wolf team. Most of them just got embarassingly worse (Pigma, Andrew, Leon), while Wolf just became completely different. :ohwell:

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Pigma actually developed personality. Andrew remained the same (he lacked personality... but then again everyone outside of Star Fox was flat).

Relhots

Smash Lord
Pigma actually developed personality. Andrew remained the same (he lacked personality... but then again everyone outside of Star Fox was flat).
Not true... Many characters outside Starfox has developed personality, either in the comics, or in the games...(i.e Katt, Bill, etc.)

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
In mutliplayI too use Wolf more thank others. I just wish that in Brawl, he used something from Assault.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. that's a problem with a lot of the new characters in this game. Only a select few are truly non-clone. Now Wolf is not a clone at all, but he still shares a similar B-moveset to Fox. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a more unique set in the next game.

Top Bottom