• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hmmmm... Ike's F-smash startup=Melee Bowser's?

Irae

Smash Cadet
Can anyone confirm this? I'm entering the gamestop tourney as Ike, and I want to know who to practice with on Melee to get a feel for the speed. I currently main Roy and Marth on melee, so not a whole lot of lag prep there...

I noticed Bowser is a better fit than Ganon. Is this right? I use ganon for fun, so...

Is bowser the best melee char to play as to get a feel for Ike?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I think the games are too different for your intents and purposes.

Just try to get a few practice rounds in before you play and hope for the best. I honestly don't think playing anyone in Melee, regardless of the speed "similarities", will help you out terribly much.

Irae

Smash Cadet
:yoshi: I think the games are too different for your intents and purposes.

Just try to get a few practice rounds in before you play and hope for the best. I honestly don't think playing anyone in Melee, regardless of the speed "similarities", will help you out terribly much.
Well, it was worth a shot I guess.
I see you're from Conyers. Entering the tourney? Perhaps I'll see you at District or regionals!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I actually won't be in Georgia the weekend of the tournament. Sorry. :_:

Irae

Smash Cadet
:yoshi: I actually won't be in Georgia the weekend of the tournament. Sorry. :_:

:(

Oh well, there's still plenty of smasher here from Georgia. I think. lol

So anyone else wanna weigh in on the similarities between bowser and Ike's f-smash?

Zukaza

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone confirm this? I'm entering the gamestop tourney as Ike, and I want to know who to practice with on Melee to get a feel for the speed. I currently main Roy and Marth on melee, so not a whole lot of lag prep there...

I noticed Bowser is a better fit than Ganon. Is this right? I use ganon for fun, so...

Is bowser the best melee char to play as to get a feel for Ike?
I suggest you find someone who has the game that way you can practice at least a bit. Alot of the people i know entering the tourney including myself have already played brawl a few times. Im just glad every ones around the same level (except a select few).

Top Bottom