• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitting the hammer

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Does anyone have any methods they use to land DeDeDe's Fsmash? I have gotten it off a few times, and am wondering if anyone has found any more effective ways to use it.

Personally, my brother uses wolf, and sometimes when I am chaingrabbing him he tries to use his shine. So sometimes I will Fsmash after the downthrow and hit him while he is shinning. I have killed him at around 35% with this. Of course it doesn't always hit, but it's really fun when it does. Does anyone have any other methods?

Skunicorn

Smash Rookie
VERY VERY Infrequently I'll do an fsmash after a dthrow that sends them over a ledge. If im lucky I'll get a very low % kill but any good player will pick up on it and it's a one shot thing.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I agree that it is not usually worth it to try, but occassionally I do get it off. I also do love using it when there caught by the waddle doo. It feels so good.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not very reliable at all. It can do up to 24% damage if the sweet spot connects, but usually it doesn't. Plus, it's very slow and easy to avoid.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
in team battle have the other guy hold them and space it so you only hit the held guy

worked for me a few times

much fun ^^

It is really hard to land in 1v1. If they're really predictable with their recovery or if they space REALLY badly (in which case it's a moot point cause you're gonna own them anyway), you can try to use it =/

CO18

Smash Hero
in team battle have the other guy hold them and space it so you only hit the held guy

worked for me a few times

much fun ^^

It is really hard to land in 1v1. If they're really predictable with their recovery or if they space REALLY badly (in which case it's a moot point cause you're gonna own them anyway), you can try to use it =/

Friendly fire is "on" comeptitively. so unless u want to kill ur teamate too u shouldnt do this lol.

Anyway MINGAMEZ... IF you know your opponent will roll around you as you approach them.

Act like your gonna approach. stop. and Fsmash the opposite away. BAM! ITs fun you should try it.

Edit: NVm what i said about friendly fire, just realized u knew thats why you said space it so u only hit the opponent.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Just thought of this, don't know why I didn't earlier. If you spotdodge against a tether grab, like Links hookshot or Samus' whip, you can usually land a Fsmash.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
nobody uses fsmash? good then i wont tell you the secrets of it.

ill tell you this...Fsmash is perfect in everyway, its my favorite move in all of smash next to his inhale.
its like jigglypuffs rest, it F's people in the A.
but wow, people are actually saying its not worth it? **** that makes me happy

Top Bottom