• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

His outfit though

Status
Not open for further replies.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Gotta love how they decided to finally go with an official look by using what I think is his outfit from Shadow Dragon rather than his less archaic-looking outfits from the other two Smash games (though those look great too).
Sakurai's probably gonna try to go back to character's roots with their outfits and/or incarnations this time around wherever possible, I mean, he did that with Mega Man, and now Marth, so maybe others will get the same treatment?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Sakurai is keeping characters to the look that he finds works best. Mega Man wen back to NES proportions, Link stayed in his Twilight Princess gettup and Samus got updated to Other M. I prefer this Marth over the Awakening one. Those fancy cuffs fit his impostor better.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'm really digging the new Marth design, they definitely put a lot of cool details into him this time around. Also, this may just be me, but I like how they chose for the shoulder armor to be slanted onto his shoulders. It just makes for a sleeker look versus the protruding ones.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
It looks like it is based on his design in the Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo remake for the Nintendo DS. I must say, he looks absolutely amazing this time around. I thought he would look a lot more bulky with said design, but it looks like they managed to maintain his lean and effeminate qualities.

HeavySmashGuy

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavyBrawlsGuy
3DS FC
1977-1276-9162
I like his new design for SSB4, quite a lot in fact, although I would've preferred if they used a design closer to the SNES version of MotE rather than SMnN's design. I just HATE all the character designs in the remake.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I like his new look although not so much the Pauldrons. It's not THAT much different from before.
[collapse=Melee]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Brawl]
[/collapse]
Not much has changed from Melee, just recoloring and the armor is a tiny bit less detailed without the fancy designs on the metal band on the boots, breastplate and pauldrons.

[collapse=Smash 4]
[/collapse]

The Breast Plate Looks Thicker and the Shirt is longer and splits on the sides near the belt. Boots are redone but leave the metal piece around the foot. The pauldrons are now running down his shoulders rather than above the shoulders. Belt looks double wrapped for whatever reason. Gloves don't have an open area around knuckles or back of the hand anymore. And the cape now has the design more noticeable on the back.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Marth would be one of the characters we'd least suspect to get a visual upgrade, but this Shadow Dragon form is probably the most gorgeous model yet.

• I like how the emblem on his cape actually looks like it has depth now. It looks fleeced on, embroidered, and stands out much more than in previous games. I love how it doesn't just look like the compressed it onto his cape as a texture.
  • His hair seems combed back slightly. It think it makes him a tad gruff.
  • The pauldrons on his shoulders actually fit against his shoulders instead of just hang off them. The notch and cuirass look great as well.
  • The teal color scheme makes him 'pop' even more. It's an elegant, flashy color. An improvement from the more drab hues of blue we've seen in previous games.
  • Just by looking at him, Marth appears more masculine now, although his signature effeminacy kind of shows. His facial structure looks a bit more sculpted by the sides and not rounded like in previous games. Great they can still maintain the bishounen look.
  • Dat Falchion tho. The most noticeable difference is the guards look less like crescents and more like jagged, indented horns. Nice to see it has a clear distinction from Chrom's, assuming he's coming into the game.
Overall, 10/10 would bang! :awesome:

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I think I read somewhere on these forums that this appearance is based on a DS game called "Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow," which was released only in Japan. Apparently, Marth is reigning as king and this is how he appeared.
If this is indeed the case, it's certainly logical that Marth would look retain his newest, most-recent look.
Here's the link to the wikipedia pic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MarthFE3DS.png

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
[collapse=Been fooling around with Photoshop and got these pallete swaps...]
marusu.png
[/collapse]
I've gotta say, his new outfit can make up for very colorful swaps.

Nancyheart

Smash Rookie
like the wii fit trainer, u think marth could have an alt costume of either chrom or lucina, if so i hope they go the extra mile with voice acting :p

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I love Marth's design in this. It's a great balance of his Shadow Dragon and New Mystery designs (it is mostly New Mystery though). I'm eager to see if they'll make entirely new color swaps, or adapt his previous ones onto his new design.

Hong

The Strongest
I am thankful it is not just the FE11 design (his WORST). It's Smash Time, not Hammer Time. Those parachute pants and meaty features are no way to go. FE12 is certainly his best look yet, and it is fortunate they took a good amount of inspiration from it. Interesting design choice to go from a fair blue armour to a jet blue.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
like the wii fit trainer, u think marth could have an alt costume of either chrom or lucina, if so i hope they go the extra mile with voice acting :p
I think that if they do have alternate costumes they should be just that, costumes. If your gonna have different characters they might aswell just be their own character

Jackson

Smash Lord
Marth would be one of the characters we'd least suspect to get a visual upgrade, but this Shadow Dragon form is probably the most gorgeous model yet.

• I like how the emblem on his cape actually looks like it has depth now. It looks fleeced on, embroidered, and stands out much more than in previous games. I love how it doesn't just look like the compressed it onto his cape as a texture.
  • His hair seems combed back slightly. It think it makes him a tad gruff.
  • The pauldrons on his shoulders actually fit against his shoulders instead of just hang off them. The notch and cuirass look great as well.
  • The teal color scheme makes him 'pop' even more. It's an elegant, flashy color. An improvement from the more drab hues of blue we've seen in previous games.
  • Just by looking at him, Marth appears more masculine now, although his signature effeminacy kind of shows. His facial structure looks a bit more sculpted by the sides and not rounded like in previous games. Great they can still maintain the bishounen look.
  • Dat Falchion tho. The most noticeable difference is the guards look less like crescents and more like jagged, indented horns. Nice to see it has a clear distinction from Chrom's, assuming he's coming into the game.
Overall, 10/10 would bang! :awesome:
Correction. 10/10 would MAIN. Get it? Anyone? No?

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Yeah I really like this costume sadly...Lucina interests me more :D Fire Emblem Awakening baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom