• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Highly Possible Brawl Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRoachND

Smash Rookie
Here are some highly possible characters and why they are so:

Nintendo Characters:

Little Mac (Punch-Out!!) - Factors contributing to his inclusion: Face of a Nintendo franchise, Nostalgia factor, a boxer would fit into Brawl extremely well, a boxing ring would work well as a brawl stage. Little Mac's could have his trademark star-uppercut as a special move.

Professor Hector (Gyromite) - Factors contributing to his inclusion: Face of a Nintendo franchise, Nostalgia factor, could include ROB as a special weapon/feature. Dynamite seems like an obvious weapon for him as well.

Captain Olimar (Pikmin) - Factors contributing to his inclusion: Face of a Nintendo franchise, could include creative gameplay mechanics with Pikmin.

Mii (Wii Sports) - Factors contributing to his inclusion: Promotion of Nintendo's Mii Channel, it would be reall cool to be able to play as yourself in Smash Brothers, cool weapons - bowling ball, boxing gloves, baseball bat, etc.

That said, I expect far more than 4 new characters. However, I highly expect these four. Professor Hector is the only I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see omitted.

Third Party Characters

Bonk - Factors contributing to his inclusion: He's the icon of a third party (Hudson), Nintendo has a great relationship with Hudson (see Virtual Console), Nostalgia. A Dinosaur land stage would work well.

Mega Man - Factors contributing to his inclusion: He's the icon of a third party (Capcom), Nintendo has a great relationship with Capcom (GBA Zelda titles, long history of 3rd Party support), Nostalgia.

Pac-Man - Factors contributing to his inclusion: He's the icon of a third party (Namco), Nintendo has a great relationship with Namco (Mario Kart GP, Star Fox Assault, etc.), Nostalgia. I do question what sorts of moves he would have.

Sonic - Factors contributing to his inclusion: He's the icon of a third party (Sega) and arguably the second biggest icon in video games (afte Mario), Nintendo has a great relationship with Sega (F-Zero GX, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics), long-time rivals, Nostalgia.

That said, I only expect 1 or 2 additional 3rd party characters after Snake. However, I'd bet money that they'll come from these 4.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
I agree with most of your choices, however, I just don't see Pac-Man being in Brawl, or a fighting game in general. He really wouldn't have that great of a move set, nor would he have any personality whatsoever. Could you imagine playing as a character that looks like a round Mr. G&W, has a crappy moveset, and makes a "Wa wa wa wa" every time you move?

Please, God, no.

But I think Sonic and Megaman have a good chance of getting in. And as far as the nostalgia factor goes, Brawl only needs 1 or 2 more characters from classic games. It already has Pit and most likely, Ness who were both added specifically for that reason. Plus, you can't forget Balloon Fighter.

The Director

Smash Lord
Hmm...although clones like Shadow are possible (like Zero or Protoman would be for Megaman) I doubt they will make any clones of the third party characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom