• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi Score Gaming Presents: SoVa Melee/Brawl Singles 6/20/08

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Hi Score Gaming, Chesapeake, Virginia
June 20th, 2008

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=172901
^subscribe to this thread for updates on more tourneys, lock-ins (not just Smash either; FPSs like CoD4, among others. Their lock-ins are TIIIIGHT)

Payout for both tournaments was 70/30

MELEE 1 v 1 RESULTS:

17 Entrants ($5 entry)

1st Shaeman ($59.50) - Link
2nd MaSHi ($25.50) - Marth/Falco/Fox/Sheik/Captain Falcon
3rd ndn - Captain Falcon
4th Rhan - Young Link/Sheik
5th toasty - Fox/Pikachu
5th Nava - Peach/Falco
7th O-NO - Fox/Peach
7th Arnez
9th Malco - Falco
9th BatmanSince1939 - Peach (?)
9th KotR - Young Link
9th Serpent - Falco
13th DragonCharlz - Peach (?)
13th Whodat - Ice Climbers (?)
13th Sen - Ganon (?)
13th Arby - Marth
17th M and C - Sheik

BRAWL 1 v 1 RESULTS:

29 Entrants ($5 entry)
---Sorry for the mixup M and C...still not sure how that happened. Thanks for being cool about it.

1st Whodat ($102) - Pikmin and Olimar (Ice Climbers? Metaknight?)
2nd toasty ($43) - R.O.B.
3rd Kadaj - Marth/Snake
4th SlashTalon - Falco
5th DragonCharlz - R.O.B.
5th BlackG - Metaknight
7th Killz - Metaknight (?)
7th Famous - R.O.B. (?)
9th Nava - Ike/Snake
9th MaSHi - Snake/Marth/DK/Metaknight/King Dedede/Falco
9th D0N - Donkey Kong (?)
9th Evan - Falco/Marth
13th MK 2 - ?
13th O-NO - Practically Random. Good **** sir, for barely playing this game.
13th unrealperson - R.O.B./Mr. Game And Watch (Metaknight)
13th Aquateen - Falco/Snake
17th Alx - ?
17th Serpent - Mr. Game And Watch
17th Sonic - ............ >_>
17th G-MON - ?
17th JCE - ?
17th AJ - ?
17th Dobee - Ganon/Captain Falcon (?)
17th Sen - Ike (?)
25th Hiby - ?
25th Arby - ?
25th Uki - ? (Lucas?)
25th JF - ?
25th TRON - ?

Please help out with the ?'s as I don't know exactly who everyone used. If you used a character for just one match out of like...10 that you played? don't worry about it haha

This was a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone for their cooperation and for being respectful, as usual, to everyone's belongings and to the venue. Thank you to EVERYONE who brought setups and helped me and O-NO set things up.

Thanks to O-NO for arranging this and Amanda for helping :)

Thanks to Glenn (Uki) for taking over the brackets...saved us a lot of trouble and time, for real.

Huuuge thanks to Hi Score for letting us come back for another great tournament =D
This venue is easily the best local venue I've seen. I'll see what I can do about getting those cheaper component cables [I will make sure they're just as good as the Nintendo ones before I bring them]

Personal shoutiez later :)

<3 SoVa

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Uhm, Toasty, I'm like all ROB and Game and Watch. Put Meta Knight in parentheses. My little bro Sonic plays Kirby and Meta Knight. Also... lulz at Otis placing after playing this game in like 2/3 events.

Ignore the sig. >_>
haha, sorry, I didn't see you play at all and I forgot about how our last matches at Gusto's went >_>

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
brawl - snake/marth/dk/metaknight/king dedede/falco

melee - marth/falco/fox/sheik/falcon

i just wanted to say it just cause i have the longest list <3 =]

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
I seriously need to look into another character for tourneys. I get good sets out of my matches, but Lucas/Marth can't always pull it off. My Marth got destroyed by Aquateen's Snake game 3 of our match and I haven't played DK enough to know how to beat D0N.... I seriously need to find toasty and the gang more often to work on all my matchups and to work on TL,MK,and Marth... thinking those are the characters I'm gonna use for Brawl tourneys for now on.

Edit: Toasty, I enjoyed running the brackets... I like running events, it gives me something to do and I get to catch some epic matches.

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
I play Falco if you want to bother updating.

And in Brawl I play Game and Watch.

EDIT: and Evan plays Falco/Marth.

Also, thanks to all who ran this, you did a fantastic job. It was a lot of fun, well worth losing my money. :) My Brawl game was horrible this time, unfortunately. Need to play some more.

Nava

Smash Journeyman
For melee, add Falco on to my Peach.

For brawl, Ike/Snake.

[edit] could you check the melee placings again? i'm sure Arnez should be up there somewhere.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
could you check the melee placings again? i'm sure Arnez should be up there somewhere.
my bad yo, it was like 3 AM when I posted this so I was beyond exhausted >_>
fixed...he got 7th :)

also: ****...we didn't get to play Brawl!!! call me up some time so we can hang or whatever :) those Melee matches were mad good. You were sick at taking advantage of every mistake/bad choice I made :) you're also wicked at making me SD >_> hahaha, no johns, good ****. Nice to finally play you [I don't even remember the first time we played, though MaSHi swears we did play before at O-NO's]

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
you got my mains right! RANDOM AS HELL!

well maybe not. though D3 was a first time use ever. and i do mean EVER.

brawl makes me bad at melee ~.~;
so i think imma quit melee and just play brawl for the sake of moneys. i wish i i had enough time to invest in every game that i love to play. the fact of the matter is, i dont. there for, i quit melee. i still dont like brawl, but i DO like money more than i like melee.

i will ALWAYS love Melee. but for now, i think i need to give it a rest.

CVS2, 3S, Brawl. these are now my tourney games.

everything else is just casual.

<3 SoVA

</3 Suicides......

whodat

Smash Apprentice
This tourney was mad fun. Even getting mopped in melee. I suck so bad at the game now.

Kadaj- Man sorry bout the laggy tv. I would have gladly played that match over if you had said something. We were both experiencing the same problems. You are still crazy good man. If it hadn't been for the randomness of pictochat I'm sure you would have beat me.

Toasty- Good games with ROB. You've got a lot of tricky things that I hadn't seen before that caught me off guard. Remember don't just against Olimar.

TBFN- You know you guys are my boys. Thanks for all the games and moral support. Next time we're all placing.

Top Bottom