• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hi! People constantly quit in FG 1 on 1 before the match or SD and quit. Why?!

Do you feel like people should fight at least two consecutive matches before leaving FG 1v1?

• No, players can do what they want.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Yes, it's good sportsmanship and more competitive to rematch at least once.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • IDK, it never bothered me/I never thought about it.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • What are you blabbering about Rookie?! Go play some Smash!

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • You just need to get some friends NNIDs and chillax :)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Emoji Typoe

Smash Rookie
NNID
Keefen86
Hello,

I am new to the boards and excited to now be part of the Smash community! I consider myself an advanced player but by no means an expert. For example: I have short hops and teching down but I am still working on things like jump canceling to shield combos and more effective edge guarding/gimping.

Anyway, I love smash and I don't mind losing battles/matches because I always have fun. I like to play online with anyone, For Glory 1 on 1. It's exciting and competitive!

Lately I have noticed that opponents will quit constantly and it's driving me insane! It's almost like they are looking to run into certain opponents. People will quit before I can even choose a character or if they do play they will self destruct instantly and then quit. If they actually play me they will quit after only one battle! Wtf is going on!? If I win, they quit. If I lose, they quit! It'd be nice to play someone at least TWO matches if not best two out of three.

Lol. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Also I am the only person in my friends group who owns a Wii U so I have no online friends to battle lol *eor sigh* I'm starting to feel weirded out but enough typing I'm going to log back onto some For Glory!!!

P.S.
I have had a couple rad opponents play me like 10+ matches and it was awesome! Even when I was getting owned, but lately everyone is quitting like crazy and I'm crazed.

Sincerely,

RookieWantsToSmashWinOrLose!!!

Uffe

Smash Hero
Here are the following possible reason for someone quitting during a match or after a match, win or lose.

1. Lag - Lag, depending on how bad it is, can still be played through. It's preferred you don't, however, because then it screws with your offline gameplay if you were to fight some friends in person.
  2. Latency - Latency is when you press a button on the controller, and your character delays. You could jab once, and then your character might jab after half a second. Not worth bothering to play.
  3. Habits - If you roll a lot, are very aggressive that you're getting punished by shield grabs, or anything that comes off as predictable, then most people will not stick around, because you're too easy for them, or at least you appear that way to them, and they'd rather have someone they'd consider more of a challenge.
  4. Shenanigans - Ever lose a match over something lame? Say you died at 40% from Lucario's rage + aura? He's basically double rage on his side. The more damage he takes, the stronger he gets. That's just an example. Some people will leave because they died in such a stupid way, they can't get over how something like that could even happen to them, and end up leaving.
  5. You Enter; They Exit - I have a feeling this is either they're already backing out when you join a room, so it looks like they left because of you. Of course there are some people who do that, because they recognize a name. I tend to avoid players with the name Player 2, because in FG, Player 2s seem to be easy. Not sure why that is. I also leave a room if someone has a real name. Say their name is Alex, James, Chris. These people tend to be bad players in my eyes, even if they're actually really good, I never give them a chance, because all the times I have, they'd end up not being at my skill level.

I've actually played some people who would body me constantly, and they'd end up staying around, despite them winning the majority of the matches. Join Smashcord or Anther's Ladder if you can't find online friends. You'll then be able to play people best of 3s and best of 5s. And honestly, I'd be done with For Glory. I know I am.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Also, people will quit if you choose a Character they don't like.
For example, it's almost 50/50 that my oponent quits if I pick Sonic.
And on a rare ocasión, if I pick Little Mac.

I've been tempted to do it too, but it's so hard to find a good match (no lag, no latency, good skill, etc) that I don't pass anything up.

Cookie_Crumbs

Smash Rookie
NNID
oscarthewizird
I do this a lot but not for the reasons that you might exepect.
I never do it out of spite or not wanting to fight your character, i do it because i get a call and the sorts.

Top Bottom