• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HGL 1st Annual N64 Super SMASH Bros. Tourney

GGN1PhaseDelta

Smash Rookie
Hosting my 1st SSB Tourney/Event for this Gaming Organization I started at Northern Illinois University. Were looking for competitive players who will play for fun, cause they have nothing else to do on a Tuesday night, or cause they wan't to win a game from GameStop.

It's a 1v1 tourney with a winners and losers bracket, so if you lose the 1st time, you still have a chance of winning the entire tourney.

Like I stated before, prize is any game(s) of your choice that equals $60 in value from GameStop (you can even put it toward a pre-order). The last tourney I had was a Modern Warfare 3 tourney and I was able to get Block Buster to throw in a 1 month free rental pass on movies and games, so that will probably also be a prize. It's a student organization, so we can't give out cash prizes, that's why it's limited to anything at GameStop.

There will be pizza and drinks, so don't worry about food. If interested, check the Facebook link I post below.

http://www.facebook.com/events/155423034564891/

Location is:
University Plaza
900 Crane Drive
DeKalb, IL 60115

Free Entry, Free Food, Free Prizes

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
97% garuntee ill go cuz my brother attends NIU and i drive him to/from there from time to time.

EDIT:oh **** tuesday.... make that 52%

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo Kphox would you come to a champaign tourney if we hosted one? What with U of I scrubs we'd probably have like 15 people or something

GGN1PhaseDelta

Smash Rookie
Yo Kphox would you come to a champaign tourney if we hosted one? What with U of I scrubs we'd probably have like 15 people or something
Aye, I wana set something up between different schools... if you guys ever get the time, we can set something up in CoD, Halo, or console between NIU, U of I, Northwestern, etc...

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't go to the U of I, I'm just a townie

Also I don't play anything but smash 64, so I'm the wrong guy to ask in like every respect lol

andrewjacob

Smash Rookie
I go to U of I and theres at least 15 guys in my frat that play smash 64, a tourney would be a good idea

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo andrewjacob and quote

Looks like there's a half-charity tourney going down in Champaign sometime in mid-february (on a weekend hopefully lol)

You guys interested?

GGN1PhaseDelta

Smash Rookie
Yeah, were gona start switching our tournies to weekends when people dont have to worry about class the next day (i organize everything, but the location that hosts my events for some reason only want them on tuesday's which suck).

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
DeKalb's about an hour drive for me, but I unfortunately work on Tuesday nights so I wouldn't be able to come >_>

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
shame it wasn't on the weekend for non-NIU people to easily attend

won't be going.

i'll be over there saturday though to pick up my brother and go to a melee tourney by i-88/i-355 though so if anyone wants to play some console before ~1130am pm me cuz i'd be down for some console 64

Top Bottom