• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey looking to get into advanced smash playing

xXTOPWOLFXx

Smash Apprentice
Hey I've been playing smash for quite a while. I picked up melee when I was about nine simply because it looked cool. I stuck to specials and smashes and wasn't a very deep player. when the wii came out and I got it I begged my parents for brawl. I started expierimenting with dodging and shielding and eventually wound up on this site,

I main Diddy Kong and Marth in SSBB(and Procect M) and don't focus on other titles.

Outside of smash I play xbox and titanfall frequently and I plan to learn to code in java. I am also playing trumpet at a 10th grade level( im in 8th grade).

Id love to play some project m online, but the only downside is there is no way to communicate efficiently during battle.
I don't think ill be interested in competitive playing but well see. Im excited to finally be around some real smash competiton.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welcome to the forums TopWolf! So I guess I'm a bit confused...the thread title says you're looking to get into "advanced smash playing", but then you go on to say that you don't think you'll be interested in competitive play, followed by being excited about being around real competition...hmm, so are you looking to learn how to play more effectively, just not really interested in tournament play?

I can somewhat relate to your trumpet tale though. In middle school, for the most part, our entire band was playing at a high school level. 6th graders were probably playing around 9th grade level, 7th graders playing at 10th, and 8th graders playing around 11-12th. Band, Orchestra and Chorus was a big deal in that school, so we were really advanced, always receiving Superior rankings when we would go get evaluated. By the time I got to high school, I stopped participating in band since they seemed so far behind and things were just too basic :ohwell:

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time around on the forums!

Last edited:

xXTOPWOLFXx

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the forums TopWolf! So I guess I'm a bit confused...the thread title says you're looking to get into "advanced smash playing", but then you go on to say that you don't think you'll be interested in competitive play, followed by being excited about being around real competition...hmm, so are you looking to learn how to play more effectively, just not really interested in tournament play?

I can somewhat relate to your trumpet tale though. In middle school, for the most part, our entire band was playing at a high school level. 6th graders were probably playing around 9th grade level, 7th graders playing at 10th, and 8th graders playing around 11-12th. Band, Orchestra and Chorus was a big deal in that school, so we were really advanced, always receiving Superior rankings when we would go get evaluated. By the time I got to high school, I stopped participating in band since they seemed so far behind and things were just too basic :ohwell:

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time around on the forums!
I guess I stated my competitive status confusing. I would like to get into tournaments but I don't see that happening as I don't have a way to get to them... is there some kind of online tournaments or similar? The CPU is getting boring (I beat difficulty 9's with ease) I am looking to get into to playing smart and not using the same tactics over and over again.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I guess I stated my competitive status confusing. I would like to get into tournaments but I don't see that happening as I don't have a way to get to them... is there some kind of online tournaments or similar? The CPU is getting boring (I beat difficulty 9's with ease) I am looking to get into to playing smart and not using the same tactics over and over again.
The Online-Tournaments forum would be the spot for you, although it's not the most active place.
You could also check out this guide to competitive Smash to take your game to the next level.

Top Bottom