• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey, I want to get into wolf.

Boiko

:drshrug:
The best thing to do would be to watch some videos and get a feel for what the top players do, ask for clarification as needed.

Check out Chillindude and Rat.

EllietheOctopus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4141-4612-5258
He's incredibly fun when played as aggro as I play him. He has a lot of good approach and if you know half of what you're doing then getting someone off the ground at 60% is pretty much deadsville for them.

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
B-throw > side B is the one I see most often.
Shine > side B is good if you can read the DI correctly

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Can wolf multi shine?
Yes.
The best thing to do would be to watch some videos and get a feel for what the top players do, ask for clarification as needed.

Seconding this. Taught me a lot. Rat has a really long wolf tutorial somewhere, can't get to it right now.

Nair is godlike, can be used like Fox's dair on shields, fast, good approach option, and you can use shine out of it.

Payton

Smash Cadet
Yes.

Seconding this. Taught me a lot. Rat has a really long wolf tutorial somewhere, can't get to it right now.

Nair is godlike, can be used like Fox's dair on shields, fast, good approach option, and you can use shine out of it.
The tutorial is for 3.0.2 not 3.5

jaytorgator

Smash Cadet
Wolf is definitely the most fun Spacie, he doesn't feel super competitive like Fox and Falco do, but can still play at high levels if you're willing to put in the work.

A few things you should probably learn as Wolf: Waveland Blaster, Waveshining, DACUS

Waveland Blaster allows you to fire faster, and follow up if you hit the blaster. His blaster in general is amazing at spacing, and forces your opponent to either work around them or just charge through. The Waveland Blaster is performed by doing an air dodge downwards right after Wolf shoots his blaster. His blaster should be fired, but still be out, so that's when you should press it. It basically cancels the animation of Wolf putting it away, which is like half a second or something.

Wolf's UAir is beautiful, it usually puts opponents at the perfect angle for Side B. So is his NAir. His Nair is basically Fox's Dair but just a tiny bit worse.

Shine tends to send your opponents diagonally upwards, so Side B is always a potential follow up, provided you can shorten properly and read their DI correctly. Also, since Shine sends them at a diagonal direction, but up as opposed to Fox's down, Waveshining is extremely effective against fast fallers around like the 20% range or something.

Since you're talking about 3.5, though, I'd be cautious with Side B. They nerfed Side B's off stage, so you don't get a jump if you hit it. I mean, Side B'ing off the stage is the definition of high risk-high reward, but if you do hit it, just pray to God that you're close enough to the stage to get back on with an Up B.

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
Wolf is definitely the most fun Spacie, he doesn't feel super competitive like Fox and Falco do, but can still play at high levels if you're willing to put in the work.

A few things you should probably learn as Wolf: Waveland Blaster, Waveshining, DACUS

Waveland Blaster allows you to fire faster, and follow up if you hit the blaster. His blaster in general is amazing at spacing, and forces your opponent to either work around them or just charge through. The Waveland Blaster is performed by doing an air dodge downwards right after Wolf shoots his blaster. His blaster should be fired, but still be out, so that's when you should press it. It basically cancels the animation of Wolf putting it away, which is like half a second or something.

Wolf's UAir is beautiful, it usually puts opponents at the perfect angle for Side B. So is his NAir. His Nair is basically Fox's Dair but just a tiny bit worse.

Shine tends to send your opponents diagonally upwards, so Side B is always a potential follow up, provided you can shorten properly and read their DI correctly. Also, since Shine sends them at a diagonal direction, but up as opposed to Fox's down, Waveshining is extremely effective against fast fallers around like the 20% range or something.

Since you're talking about 3.5, though, I'd be cautious with Side B. They nerfed Side B's off stage, so you don't get a jump if you hit it. I mean, Side B'ing off the stage is the definition of high risk-high reward, but if you do hit it, just pray to God that you're close enough to the stage to get back on with an Up B.
What do you mean he doesn't feel super competitive? Every character can be competitive.

Cpt.

Smash Lord

This. Chillin was in VGBootcamp's grand finals on their most recent 3.5 tourney.

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
I watched through some of chillin's and rat's vgbootcamp videos, and I can't pillar with wolf, compared to falco/wolf. It seems really hard for me to jump diagonally after shining while predicting DI. Any tips (other than a ton of practice :psycho:)?
P.S. I am using a Wii remote, does this affect much?

Top Bottom