• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey guys, S3OL here.

S3OL

Smash Rookie
NNID
S3OL-001
Hey everyone! I've been meaning to just this site for a while but have always been put off by the fact that there are a lot of experienced players on here than myself.

I'm Corey, 17 years old and I live in the UK.

I've been playing Smash Brothers for as long as I can remember and have only recently decided that I wanted to go competitive. I'm not familiar with any of the technical smash terms so you may have to bare with me.

I hope to make some friends here and get progressively better at Smash.

(Also: never gotten the chance to play Project M as I live in Europe. Is there a way to access it still?)

D

Deleted member

Welcome to SmashBoards, S30L. :p
Don't know about Project M in Europe though, so sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

S3OL

Smash Rookie
NNID
S3OL-001
Welcome to SmashBoards, S30L. :p
Don't know about Project M in Europe though, so sorry about that.
Thanks a lot, Flight. I'm digging your avatar btw.
And no problem, it's okay. I guess I'll just have to stick with Brawl for a while longer I guess.

Is there someone on here where I can ask for people that live around my area for meet ups by any chance?

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
Hey S3OL!

Happy that you decided to make an account on smashboards :D Hope you enjoy it here and are pumped for the new Smash!

There is a forum on the site labled "Regional Zones" and within that there is a thread where you can look up the closest location to which you live and there you could meet people within your region! I hope this helps a little! If I can I will post the link in the message for you!

Once again Welcome!
Oh and P.S. I'm lovin' the avatar!
#legendofzeldarules :D

Here is the link! Hope it works:
http://smashboards.com/forums/regional-zones.89/

Last edited:

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Welcome to SmashBoards! I got into competitive Smash about a year or two ago so I can relate xD
Just practice daily and stick with it! Try watching youtube videos to help you.

S3OL

Smash Rookie
NNID
S3OL-001
Thanks a lot man! Of course I'm pumped for the new Smash! Who're you thinking of maining? Toon Link'll definitely be staying by my side but mine may switch over to ZSS since as she's been buffed quite a bit.

Oh yeah, Regional Zones. I found it whilst fiddling with the site yesterday but thanks for the help!

And thanks, haha. I took it whilst playing through Wind Waker HD. The Nayru symbol. I'm having it tattoo'd when I have the money.

Last edited:

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
How much have you improved would you say? Since practicing and being here? o:
I would say I improved a lot and defiantly learned so much. So many people thought me diffrent things and I met so many cool people! I'm still training so I'm not the best lol.

S3OL

Smash Rookie
NNID
S3OL-001
I would say I improved a lot and defiantly learned so much. So many people thought me diffrent things and I met so many cool people! I'm still training so I'm not the best lol.
Haha wow, that's great. I won't know how good or bad I actually am until I fight against some people, which is why I'm anticipating this game so hard it's unreal.

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
Thanks a lot man! Of course I'm pumped for the new Smash! Who're you thinking of maining? Toon Link'll definitely be staying by my side but mine may switch over to ZSS since as she's been buffed quite a bit.

Oh yeah, Regional Zones. I found it whilst fiddling with the site yesterday but thanks for the help!

And thanks, haha. I took it whilst playing through Wind Waker HD. The Nayru symbol. I'm having it tattoo'd when I have the money.
No problem at all! Ooo that's a tough question! As of now I am really liking Robin! Recently just got into the Fire Emblem series and I think he would be real unique! I will also continue my best with Zelda, try out villager, and Greninja as well! :D And if Jiggs comes back I will be maining her as well! Toon Link is awesome! And oh boy ZSS is definitely gonna be a good one to look out for in this next smash game! She looks great!

No problem!

Whoa thats awesome! That would literally be an awesome tattoo! LoZ series is great! Can't wait to try out Hyrule Warriors as well :D

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Joined yesterday and already accumulated 16 posts? Nice to see the activity :)

If you stick around, you'll learn plenty and notice a good deal of improvement in your game. This place has almost too much information :laugh:

If you're looking for a guide/tutorial to competitive Smash Bros. I'll link you to this one in particular. Very nice and organized. Hopefully you'll find enjoy your time here!

S3OL

Smash Rookie
NNID
S3OL-001

Oh sweet! I've recently got into Fire Emblem too! I have the original GBA remake on my Wii U VC from the Veteran's sale that's going on at the moment. I'm looking to test him/her out too, as well as Zelda. I think that she was way too slow in Brawl.

Greninja is also one of my try-outs. I absolutely love him in Pokémon and I'm sure I will in SM4SH too. I used to main ZSS in Brawl but can hardly use her now due to Sheik just being way too fast and having a better moveset in general.

Yep, just saving up the money for it at the moment. By brother is organizing it.

I have Hyrule Warriors on preordered and it comes out the 19th September in Europe! Literally can't wait! unf.

S3OL

Smash Rookie
NNID
S3OL-001
Joined yesterday and already accumulated 16 posts? Nice to see the activity :)

If you stick around, you'll learn plenty and notice a good deal of improvement in your game. This place has almost too much information :laugh:

If you're looking for a guide/tutorial to competitive Smash Bros. I'll link you to this one in particular. Very nice and organized. Hopefully you'll find enjoy your time here!

Thank you! I see you like Ganondorf? :awesome:

I'm sure I will too, I'm looking forward to making the transition from casual to pro player some day. Thank you!

Top Bottom