• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey Guys! NOOB ALERT!

Rahdekh

Smash Rookie
Hi! I`m rahdekh, a highschool sophomore from japan. I`ve played smash bros. since I was 5 but i`ve never actually owned a copy. I always played at my friend`s house and had a blast. I`m actually a supporter of the Call Of Duty Competitive community (reddit.com/r/CodCompetitive) and since i love smash bros. , I decided to try something new. If anyone could talk to me about the Smash Bros. competitive scene, that would be great! Thanks.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Glad to have you Rahdekh, welcome to the forums :)

What kind of things are you looking to talk about regarding the competitive Smash scene? Are you completely brand new to it and looking to get involved? Looking to find a Smash scene in your area? What's up?

Rahdekh

Smash Rookie
Glad to have you Rahdekh, welcome to the forums :)

What kind of things are you looking to talk about regarding the competitive Smash scene? Are you completely brand new to it and looking to get involved? Looking to find a Smash scene in your area? What's up?
I was actually watching the CoD tournament at MLG Anaheim and all that I could hear was the sound of the Smash crowd screaming. So , I was genuinely interested in being part of the Smash scene. I`m completely new to the scene.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I was actually watching the CoD tournament at MLG Anaheim and all that I could hear was the sound of the Smash crowd screaming. So , I was genuinely interested in being part of the Smash scene. I`m completely new to the scene.
Pretty funny how the Smash crowd getting hype got you interested in joining us. You definitely came to the right place to start since this is the hub for all things Smash. You already made the first move in the right direction by joining so you're probably looking for what's next...I assume you're mainly interested in Super Smash Bros. Melee at the moment?

Rahdekh

Smash Rookie
Pretty funny how the Smash crowd getting hype got you interested in joining us. You definitely came to the right place to start since this is the hub for all things Smash. You already made the first move in the right direction by joining so you're probably looking for what's next...I assume you're mainly interested in Super Smash Bros. Melee at the moment?
Yea I guess...

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yea I guess...
Well, you could check out the Melee forums here to learn more about it specifically.

As for getting deeper into the scene, it'll be best if you look into playing the game with some others around you if you're up for it. Feel free to have a look around the International Community.

Other than that, I'll simply link you to the beginner's guide to competitive Smash. After a thorough read, you should gain an understanding on what the competitive scene is like and how deep Smash can get.

If any questions ever come to mind, feel free to ask.

Top Bottom