• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"He's Too Slow!" My Thread Asking How to Improve Sonic

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
lol

Insta-Shield didn't reflect stuff, it just gave you infzy frames. And if Sonic had any of his Sonic3 Shields, he'd potentially be broken.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Make it so when he does his bair, he spins twice before it comes out.

Heavier, slightly slower, but make it so his ground speed transfers into his air speed.

Make dair's hit box last half as long.

Sonic is now balanced.

:093:

Brakes

My brother had recommended a great idea for a run-special; an instant stop. Instant stops create dirt-clouds that leave Sonic with a small window of frame-advantage on hit. The special would of course be very quick.

So! When running chaotically, just hit B every now and again to regain your bearings! If you hit someone, you can nail 'em with an fsmash, even!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
...Isn't that just like a screech stop? You just stop running...Sonic actually has very good traction. It's only his foxtrot that's very slidy.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
You should also make the spring be able to grab the ledge instantly.
Like, auto ledge grab. :)

...Isn't that just like a screech stop? You just stop running...Sonic actually has very good traction. It's only his foxtrot that's very slidy.
There can be a normal screech-stop and an attacking variant thereof: why not? I'll work out the particulars, later.

You should also make the spring be able to grab the ledge instantly.
Like, auto ledge grab. :)
:laugh: Haha! YES. YES ALL OVER YOUR FACE, GOOD FELLOW.

:094:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh, so it's an attack...mkay.

And yes, I totally agree with Ghrur.

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
Hey, I've been reading your threads about this game, and wanted to tell you one thing; if you put Knuckles into the game, I would love you FOREVER. O___o

If you have an official site or thread on here like in General Chat or something, I'd love to discuss his move-list and such with you. That is, if it's at all possible. *crosses fingers*

As for improving Sonic, making him run as fast as Warioman's Bike is FAR too fast. He's almost perfect the way he is. Maybe a little boost would be nice, but any faster and he'll practically be teleporting between the stage's edges. Sonic is definitely fast, but he's not THAT fast.

He could most certainly use better speed while in the air though. I don't think he should move more easily, per say, but the ability to jump across at the same or similar speed as his running would vastly improve his game.

Also, what do you think of the prospect of his spin attacks dealing many multiple hits instead of one whack? The more charged his spin is, the more times he'll hit, increasing overall damage.

I would really like to see Sonic have something completely different for his Forward B, but unfortunately I can't think of a bloody thing for it. I was considering the roll attack he can do in Sonic Adventure 2, but it's kind of puny. His Fire Shield dash attack that he had in Sonic 3 would be pretty sweet, but it's a little obscure as far as Sonic canon is concerned. Maybe he could just pull Tails out of Hammer-Space and throw him at any incoming attacks a la Peach's Toad shield. XD

Top Bottom