• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heropon of the Nopon Race: Riki for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Riki fight better than anyone!

Who is Riki?
Riki is one of seven playable characters in the critically acclaimed Xenoblade Chronicles for the Nintendo Wii. He hails from Frontier Village in Makna Forest. He is the Heropon of the Nopon Race, otherwise known as a legendary warrior chosen to protect the Nopon Race. Despite his cute and childish appearance, he is actually older than he appears as he has a wife and several children.

Potential moveset:
To be worked on... (I would sincerely appreciate if someone could create a moveset for Riki.)

More potential sections on the way...

Supporters:
Riki need friends' support!

1. Bebe Mignon Bebe Mignon
2. fogbadge fogbadge
3. Spazzy_D Spazzy_D
4. ZXMechonHunter ZXMechonHunter
5. Sonic Poke Sonic Poke
6. Tikivoy Tikivoy
7. Cutthemac Cutthemac
8. Starbound Starbound
9. Makrrrrrr Makrrrrrr
10. Brawler610
11. Silversun247 Silversun247
12. AvionFinch AvionFinch
13. erico9001 erico9001
14. ToothiestAura ToothiestAura
15. Groose Groose

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
If Fire Emblem can get four reps, there's at least a (very, very, very) small chance Xenoblade can get two, and Riki would be the most likely second rep imo. I support.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Heropon Riki has a new sidekick! Me!!!!! Support! Come on! More sidekicks!

Riki friends like to see the Heropon beating giant Oruga!!! C'mon support heropon Riki! Riki needs to get food to Littlepon!!! Support Riki!!!

XD

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Riki's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Trailer idea:
The trailer begins with Ganondorf walking through Makna Forest. He barely dodges a Monado Purge directed his way
Shulk appears. He yell's "Monado, lend us your po-AUGH!"...
Shulk gets electrocuted from the powerful Monado, and drops it.
He lies on the ground, not able to move, as Ganondorf slowly walks toward him.
Suddenly-
"HERO TIME!!!!!"
Heropon Riki joins the battle!
...and this music plays for the rest of the trailer showcasing his moves:
"This cheeseball got in before Shulk?!"
...yeah, you can count me in as a supporter.

Groose

Smash Champion
Riki may seem like a goof, but he's the key player in two of the three most touching scenes in the entire game. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to him getting in, but of course I would rather see Shulk.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Right now I'm focused on Shulk......but I'd love to see Riki playable.

Either Riki or Seven would make for really cool fighters.

Cutthemac

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cutthemac
3DS FC
4554-0216-3307
I support! I was actually going to make a Riki thread, but I got too lazy :p. Anyway, Fire Emblem has 4 reps, I don't see why Xenoblade can't have 2.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
After Shulk, Riki or Seven would definitely be my choice for a second playable character. Is it likely to happen? Probably not, but one can dream. :p

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Riki like fighting easy players!

Honestly don't think he'll make the cut. But it'd be hilarious if he did! I know I certainly wouldn't complain (unless Chrom 2.0 happens and Riki makes it over Shulk...)

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice
Count me in!

If Xenoblade were to get 2 representatives, Riki would be the next best candidate in my opinion!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Riki's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
Trickster with some juggle aspects, as a lot of his move would be trap moves or damage over time.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Would Heropon have any troubles against characters like :4tlink:?
Maybe, as I don't see him as being fast or having much range. He would have to close in to do real damage I would think.... although moves like burninate and freezinate might help out with that depending on how they are implemented.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Maybe, as I don't see him as being fast or having much range. He would have to close in to do real damage I would think.... although moves like burninate and freezinate might help out with that depending on how they are implemented.
Would those moves help with characters such as :4sheik:?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Would those moves help with characters such as :4sheik:?
I see him with a lot of trap and control type of moves, so if a speedy character came in to combo him he could easily get the upper hand if he responds quick enough. His down special could possibly be "Riki Angry" which would in all likelihood act as a counter, which might also help.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I see him with a lot of trap and control type of moves, so if a speedy character came in to combo him he could easily get the upper hand if he responds quick enough. His down special could possibly be "Riki Angry" which would in all likelihood act as a counter, which might also help.
So...how would Riki do against Shulk? Lets theorize they both get in. How would that match up go?

D

Deleted member

I support!
HEROPON VERY COOL!

But Dinobeasts are big and scary. :crying:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So...how would Riki do against Shulk? Lets theorize they both get in. How would that match up go?
Hard to say, but as I envision them, Shulk would pretty much be a glass canon. He would have the reach and speed to keep Riki away and the power to knock him out, giving him the edge in their match ups.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'll support the heropon!

I'll see if I can make a moveset too

I think this image should be put in the op to show how he is in battle.

How he feels:
Riki may be chubby but he is certainly not slow. He falls a little faster than others and has an above average dash speed. Having such short legs, his jumps aren't very high but he makes up for this with having three jumps, the third utilizing his arm/ears.

His movements have a certain bouncy feel.

----Side Smash - Sneaky
Riki holds his biter above his head when charging. Has okay knockback when hitting the opponent's front and improved knockback when hitting the back.
----Down Smash - Roly Poly
Riki holds his gnasher in the air for charge and then swings it low and then around him for opponents behind him. Has high chance to cause opponent(s) to trip. Small lag time at the end of the move so that if it does trip the opponent Riki has time to use the trip to his advantage and continue with a combo.
----Up Smash - Skyward Slash
Nothing really special here, Riki just does an upward slash with his biter.

----Dash Attack - Riki does a jump tackle (low enough so it can still hit small enemies). He hits the ground and does a small bounce on his belly at the end.
----F-Tilt - Riki quickly slams opponent with arm that is not holding the biter
----U-tilt - Riki slashes upwards with his biter. Has a good reach due to his arm being high on his body, so effective for juggling.
----D-tilt - Riki does a low slash with biter.
----AAA combo - Tantrum
Riki jumps up a little bit and smashes his biter into the enemy three times (if the player decides to press A three times). The first two hits are weaker, designed so that the opponent isn't knocked back yet, but the third hit is the most powerful and has pretty okay knockback, like Ike's AAA combo.

----Neutral B - Freezinate
Riki lets out a good sized chunk of ice in the direction he is facing. The direction of it can sort of be controlled at launch, like Yoshi's up B but to a lesser degree. The move is larger in size. It uses a freeze flag, so if it connects with somebody they freeze. Intended for ice to only be able to hit one opponent.
----Side B - Lurgy
Riki sends out poisonous gas in the direction that the move is used. It doesn't stretch too far, a little longer than Lucas's side B. Doesn't deal much knockback, but if the enemy is hit by it they have damage deal to them over a period of time due to being poisoned.
----Down B - Riki is Angry.
It takes a second for the move to activate. For like 5 or 6 seconds after the use of this move, the opponents will take twice the damage that they deal onto Riki. Riki still experiences all of the knockback and the opponent only has a tiny, set amount of knockback. The small amount of knockback for the opponent hitting Riki is more like what Falco's gun does, it's just to indicate that damage has been done and to prevent the opponent of Riki from using Riki's use of the down b as an opportunity to gain momentum. When in use, there is an orange aura surrounding Riki that goes away when the move is finished.
----Up B - Slightly flying
The nopons' ear/hands grant them limited flying abilities. For Riki's up b, he flaps his arm/ears quickly in order to briefly fly and save himself. Imagine kind of like Yoshi's second jump just less vertical and more horizontal.

----Grabs - Riki uses the arm that he is not holding the biter with in order to grab foes. The arm is long, giving Riki's grabs decent range, and making his grabs pretty formidable.
--Pummel - Riki smacks with biter
----F-throw - Drops the opponent with the one hand, like a baseball, and uses the biter to send the opponent flying, like a baseball bat.
----U-throw - Tosses opponent upwards with the arm that is grabbing opponent
----B-throw - Riki overhand chucks opponent backwards.
----D-throw - Riki throws opponent to ground and then does a bounce on them. Multi-hit.

----Up air - lash up with biter
----Down air - Meteor Smash with arm that is not holding biter
----Forward air - Riki swings his biter
----Back air - Riki turns around as he swings his biter
----Neutral air - Riki spins horizontally with his arm and biter extended out, hurting opponents behind and in front of him in quick succession.

----Final Smash - Chain Attack Transforms into Mega Riki
Calls Xenoblade hero friends to unleash chain attack. Unlike how chain attacks work in Xenoblade, what players see in Smash 4 is real time, quick combos between the party members. There could possibly be some button pressing timing to be done to extend the chain attack sequence and put in more damage before the chain attack's final hit.

Entrance: Flies down from one of the pterodactyl things
Fighter stances and victory actions consist mainly of cute Riki sayings

Last edited by a moderator:

Groose

Smash Champion
I know exactly how the world would react if Riki were to make it into this game:

Well, most of the world, anyway. I'd be doing the Riki Happy Happy Dance.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Even though Riki doesn't have playable status in Smash 4, he at least has several roles. Riki is part of Shulk's final smash. I am unsure what his other role is supposed to be. Assist trophy? Shulk's taunt? etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom