• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Heroic guide to heroism and Hero’s [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Linkmain-maybe submitted a new resource:

Heroic guide to heroism and Hero’s - A guide for budding Hero players

Overview: Hero is a slow and strong zoner with an extremely potent zoning and punish game. He enjoys camping, due to his unique mechanic, the MP meter. This meter will regenerate upon hitting an opponent, or simply by waiting a second. His general gameplan will revolve around side b and his neutral B. A master at conditioning, the Hero will be looking to punish his opponents attempt at approaching him, but won’t punish certain habits initially. Instead, he prefers to ”save” a read until he...
Read more about this resource...

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I would have to play Ultimate before I could weigh the merits of this resource objectively, however, it does sound like it serves well in introducing a new player to the hero so far. Though, if you were to ask my opinion about immediate weaknesses, then I would say that it might be more welcoming to new players if expressions of notions of a move just being bad or useless (e.g. the dash attack mentioned here) were avoided. However, if such remarks would remain, then I would strongly recommend stating one's reasons for disliking a move, and then acknowledging that it is merely how the speaker feels about it. That way, it promotes a sense of exploration for those aspects of a character that may have previously underestimated potential.

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I would have to play Ultimate before I could weigh the merits of this resource objectively, however, it does sound like it serves well in introducing a new player to the hero so far. Though, if you were to ask my opinion about immediate weaknesses, then I would say that it might be more welcoming to new players if expressions of notions of a move just being bad or useless (e.g. the dash attack mentioned here) were avoided. However, if such remarks would remain, then I would strongly recommend stating one's reasons for disliking a move, and then acknowledging that it is merely how the speaker feels about it. That way, it promotes a sense of exploration for those aspects of a character that may have previously underestimated potential.
The dash attack has very slow startup, ending lag, an suffers from a weak soursot. In fact, dash forward smash is easier to hit than dash attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom