• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Helping The New Guy

BlazE NY

Smash Rookie
Hi, Everyone

I've been playing Lucario since I bought Brawl, and never played with any other character, in an effort to not bored the people I play with, I've decided to pick IC as a 2nd main.

First off I have a few question to ask, I've never play with IC befor so please bare with me.

What button do you press to desync?

Once desynced, what button do you controll the other character to attack etc....

How many type/sets of Chaingrab does IC has?
Could someone link me to a guide on how to do them?

Does IC has grab combo that ends with a smash? If so, how do you do it

Thats all I can think of right now, please feel free to add any tips or advice.

Thanks to all.

FangzV

Smash Journeyman

Once desynced, what button do you controll the other character to attack etc....
As far as I know there is no desync button. Please, correct me if I'm wrong someone.
Also, I don't know if you can control Nana/Popo after you desync with them. As far as I know, when I desync I just press a button to make them attack. That's all I know that is possible.
I think that Nana/Popo (whoever is following you) is controlled exactly how the lead is. If you press a button, both will react. So I think when you've been desynced, Nana will still be controlled as she always was. Maybe there'll be a delay between the two but it's been awhile since I've been desynced.

Sorry I can't help you with the other questions.

I hope I have helped some, though.

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
There are threads around here which can explain these topics. Desyncing can be done many ways, grab combo options are plentiful, including several ways to infinite any character in the game to their death from any percent.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Hi, Everyone

I've been playing Lucario since I bought Brawl, and never played with any other character, in an effort to not bored the people I play with, I've decided to pick IC as a 2nd main.

First off I have a few question to ask, I've never play with IC befor so please bare with me.

How many type/sets of Chaingrab does IC has?
Could someone link me to a guide on how to do them?

Does IC has grab combo that ends with a smash? If so, how do you do it

Thats all I can think of right now, please feel free to add any tips or advice.

Thanks to all.
1. Any move can be desynched. The most common and eaisest are Ice Blocks (IB's) and Blizzards.

2. Once desynched, u can do anything as long as the other character is in some kind of un movable animation. Examples - Shields Broken, Attacking, In hit stun. If Nana is doing a blizzard, u can make popo squall and so on..

3. Omg Ice ClimberZ have so many dern options from the grab its ridicolous. Heres the best chaingrab vid. 2 date. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153814

4. Any grab combo can be finished with a smash. Example being, u could do a Dthrow > Fair chaingrab till about 40%, then Smash em out of yur grab, I use C-Stick for that sorta thing btw..

Tips.. Advice.. yeh I got a couple =D

Learn 2 Desynch. Plz. Learn EVERY one, I mean.. why limit yurself 2 just one.. Desynch combos r very very usefull. U can literally get just as much damage from a desynch combo as a Chaingrab.. or close anyway. Heres a decent one, and u can make tons more on your on, jus fool around. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167557

Training Mode.. Use it .. U can pratice your grabs here and what not.. Jus remember if ur going 2 pratice grabs, make sure u pratice on EVERY one. If u spend 20mins training, instead of putting it all into Ike, put 5 into Kirby, 5 into DK, then 10 agaisnt whoever u play most. << just an example btw..

Lastly.. Dont force the grab.. Alot of the times, I see mehself diving grab after grab and getting punished severely. U gotta understand 2 not ALLWAYS try 2 grab, u have a million and 1 more options.

Theres so much more, but u will learn more and more as u look around. Good Luck.

fox ftw

Smash Rookie
You desynch by haveing 1 of the climbers occupied then u can control the other one. For example when Popo is grabbing u can jump with Nana and if u push over it will throw the person. A good combo i use is grap then with the other 1 jump and fair if done over the edge it can spike.

Straylit

Smash Cadet
LaserBust" said:
Learn 2 Desynch. Plz. Learn EVERY one, I mean.. why limit yurself 2 just one.. Desynch combos r very very usefull. U can literally get just as much damage from a desynch combo as a Chaingrab.. or close anyway. Heres a decent one, and u can make tons more on your on, jus fool around. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167557
Haha, thanks for linking to my combo. Makes me feel all warm inside.:laugh:

LaserBurst hit on most of your questions and gave pretty much all the advice your going to be able to swallow for a long time. As far as desyncing goes; the easiest one to start with is the following: Walk opposite direction of opponent, during the walk press back and Z at almost precisely the same time. When i say almost i mean that pressing back has to occur right before pressing Z. When done right Popo will roll while Nana will grab, desyncing them. As far as what to do and how to keep them desynced check out that guide.

And with Chain Grabs. Go to training, put it on 2/3 speed and master each directional chaingrab. Up the speed till you can do it proficiently at the normal speed of the game then start learning how to mix the chaingrabs up and create your own combo's with them. And as Lazer said, master them on every character as the timing is different depending on weight, size, and % of your opponent.

Make downthrow > Nana Fair > Popo Fsmash your friend. When you your opponent is on the edge, this will meteor smash when done correctly. Also learning to edge hug will seriously make this a lethal and feared combo thats relatively easy to pull off once youve mastered it.

Theres more, ill hit on them later. Gotta go.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Didn't I make a thread explaining all the CG's? Seriously, whats the point in me taking my time to write up a guide if people don't bother searching the forums.

Straylit

Smash Cadet
Didn't I make a thread explaining all the CG's? Seriously, whats the point in me taking my time to write up a guide if people don't bother searching the forums.
He wasnt questioning just CG's, but the Ice Climbers as a character. Its like, always on page 1 anyway. Its slim that he wont see it.

shal

Smash Apprentice
hmm my opinion on dsync would have to be using blizzard and the ice moves, as well as moving your analog stick left and right on your gc controller. The cheapest way to do it would have to be getting hit but even then you should move your analog stick.

Top Bottom