• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help!:(

Pacattack1212

Smash Rookie
Ima casual player who wants to step up my game anyone out there willing to help me out? Looking to battle then discuss what I need improving

D

Deleted member

Welcome to Smashboards! You can check out the Matchmaking Thread for Wii U/3DS to find opponents. Anther's Ladder and Smash Discord are other options to find good competition.

Now, before you do, there are a few basic tips:
  1. Learn everything you can about your character. There are guides on all characters here and there are sub-forums dedicated to each fighter to get you started. In fact, there are matchup videos you can watch with your character in action. Now, I personally go to Smashvods from time to time to see what my girlfriends :4peach::rosalina::4bayonetta2: and :4lucina: do in various situations.
  2. Practice as often as you can. Time means nothing if one doesn't put in honest effort. Oh, and don't practice with CPUs too often. They can be handy for learning certain techs, but otherwise the only good thing about them is that a level 9 has unparalleled one-frame reaction times.
  3. Observe your flaws, okay. We all have bad habits. Save your replays so that other players can see you and give you advice.
  4. Study everything. Now, this includes things like frame data, character matchups, neutral game, etc. SmashWiki, KuroganeHammer's frame data repository, and of course the guides section here provides a cornucopia of knowledge. It is an awful lot to absorb, I know.
  5. Just enjoy yourself and don't worry about winning all the time. Getting better at an activity takes time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom