• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
Hello everyone, I have been having trouble with getting the new project m I kept trying today and when I hit play it took me back to the wii menu. If anyone could just email their version of their's I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
What exactly are you doing? Which meathod are you using (Hackless Wi-Fi, Homebrew Full, etc)? What size is your SD card, and what exactly are you doing before it blacks out to the wii menu? (ex: Entering Gecko, Entering Project M Homebrew app, Entering Stage builder, etc.) All of that would help others help you a lot more. Thanks.

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
What exactly are you doing? Which meathod are you using (Hackless Wi-Fi, Homebrew Full, etc)? What size is your SD card, and what exactly are you doing before it blacks out to the wii menu? (ex: Entering Gecko, Entering Project M Homebrew app, Entering Stage builder, etc.) All of that would help others help you a lot more. Thanks.
I was trying to use Hackless Wi-Fi, then I tried Hackless Full. My SD card I know is the size that fits in the Wii, because I used to have Project M 3.0 and I was told I needed to delete everything first, so I got it loaded on to my SD card again and I updated it, then I hit "Play" at the Project M menu before the intro song and all that, then it just took me back to my Wii menu as if I pressed the Home button

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What I normally recommend to do when the Project M launcher isn't working is to try loading via Gecko OS instead:

• Install GeckoOS to your SD card (download link, copy the boot.elf from /Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/ to your SD card root)
  • Load GeckoOS via the Stage Builder, as usual
  • Boot game

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
What I normally recommend to do when the Project M launcher isn't working is to try loading via Gecko OS instead:

• Install GeckoOS to your SD card , copy the boot.elf from /Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/ to your SD card root)
  • Load GeckoOS via the Stage Builder, as usual
  • Boot game
So all I've gotta do is put this on my SD card?! Thanks so much! Is this 3.5? I'm unable to do it right now, but thank you so much, I greatly appreciate the help.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So all I've gotta do is put this on my SD card?! Thanks so much! Is this 3.5? I'm unable to do it right now, but thank you so much, I greatly appreciate the help.
It just replaces the Project M launcher. Usually this works when the PM launcher fails. Just put it on the SD card over the existing boot.elf, and you should be good to go.

Last edited:

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
It just replaces the Project M launcher. Usually this works when the PM launcher fails. Just put it on the SD card over the existing boot.elf, and you should be good to go.
Thanks so much. I really appreciate your help

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I may use Homebrew (Full-set), but I have the exact same problem as well, and until I found a fix it sometimes happened as many as 5-6 times in a row between shutting off the Wii, unplugging it from the wall, etc. to try get it to work. Over time I've sorta narrowed down the issue to usually being solved by ejecting the disk and SD card, putting them back in, letting them read and register them, and then trying again. But that's just my placebo BestBuy "try turning it off and on again" tech advice lol.

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
I may use Homebrew (Full-set), but I have the exact same problem as well, and until I found a fix it sometimes happened as many as 5-6 times in a row between shutting off the Wii, unplugging it from the wall, etc. to try get it to work. Over time I've sorta narrowed down the issue to usually being solved by ejecting the disk and SD card, putting them back in, letting them read and register them, and then trying again. But that's just my placebo BestBuy "try turning it off and on again" tech advice lol.
I see, thank you then, that should really help.

123456789pop

Smash Rookie
i have a problem wiht project m, i tried to run the hacked version and i installed homebrew but then i decided to use the hackless version from the website so i cleared my sd card then i extracted the files for hackless and i put in the sd.then i went to stage builder and i tryed to lode project m but i screen showed up and it said at the bottom of the screen gecko os not found (above this was some code stuff i dont remember) it also said it was hanging HELP!!

Top Bottom