• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help?

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
I'm posting from my Wii, so I'll try to say as much as I can with few words.

First of all, you have horrible approach (no offence...). It seems all you wanted to do was chaingrab him (correct me if I'm wrong). While, yes that is fun and has a great feeling, you need to learn the basics of advanced IC play.

- Desynch, desynch, desynch. Check out Cal's guide to find which bests suits you. Personally, the easiest would be Z-Roll Desynch (Z+Left/Right) and Pivot-B desynch. Use this to help you approach by using desynched Ice Blocks and the oh-so-helpful SH Nana Blizzard.

-Once you got those desynchs down, use them in battle to attack & approach for grabs. For example, SH Nana Blizzard will keep them "locked" in place, allowing a free grab. I noticed you sorta had the dthrow/f-air CG down, but that doesn't mean you used it at full potential. Learn WHEN to use each specific CG. For example, you did the dt/f-air CG when Ike was at 120%+. This was not necessary; a Smash-Grab with Nana would have killed him there. The dt/f-air CG is best used at low percents, as it can deal 30%-60% damage depending on how you follow your enemy (or even a whole stock if you follow up with numerous CGs).

Other than that, there is not much to say. Practice those desynchs first THEN on chaingrabs. Trust me, those will help a lot in getting grabs and you won't have to rely on your enemy making mistakes.

Hope I helped somewhat. If I had my computer, I would of done a full synopsis on your video. :p

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Try to be more patient. Stop jumping, dashing, and rolling around recklessly. Don't telegraph your moves so badly so your opponent will stop punishing you. Practice your CG's because the only one you ever did was Dthrow into Fair. Work on your approaching and camping setups, and learn how to desynch. Don't forget that the IC's have a slight 6/4 advantage of Ike because they can shield grab him after a lot of his attacks, so use that to your advantage.

Top Bottom