• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help

spitts_180

Smash Rookie
I really need help taking down a friend of mine that uses link.I use Roy and i guess im pretty good, but he always uses his spin attack on me or his sword stab (A down in air)and i get smacked, any suggestions.:(

Soma

Smash Journeyman
Don't get hit...

Honestly just try to draw the attacks out and counter... most people do attacks in a certain situation... if the situation comes up... then prepare to deal with the attack...

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
I really need help taking down a friend of mine that uses link.I use Roy and i guess im pretty good, but he always uses his spin attack on me or his sword stab (A down in air)and i get smacked, any suggestions.:(
Based on your post, I'm going to assume that neither of you use heavy tech (SHFFL, WD, etc), so this is what you do.

Either:

A.) Learn tech and own him because he has none.

or

B.) Dashdance (rapidly run back and forth in place) to draw the spin attack, then run up and fsmash him or grab him. And based on "And I get smacked.", he's just jumping in the air and dairing you? Just shieldgrab him. =/

technomancer

Smash Champion
Spin attack ***** Roy pretty hard actually. Space with dashdances to draw it out and punish with Dtilt, or run up and shield and then just drop your shield and fsmash his face.

Puffy Fox

Smash Rookie
Well, when I first starting play, my freind done the same thing. Just stay back from the spin, and Forward Smash/ Down Tilt then then the are done. Or you can duck and Down Tilit, Forward air/Up Air, and forward smash them.

Just dodge the attack (roll, wavedash, whatever you want to do), and attack. Really good if they miss Down Air with link.

Hope I helped.

The_Trap

Smash Cadet
Basically, what you gotta do is trap him ^_^

try out roy's down tilt too! it's great for traps and you can forward smash afterwards!

tilt down on your controll stick and press A, then press right or left on your yellow stick!

hope you can trap him! ^_^

halu102

Smash Apprentice
Try to reduce your spot dodges if you use them. Spin and down-a pretty much own them.

Satoshi

Smash Rookie
As for the spin attack, there's not much I can tell you other than the down tilt and forward smash you've probably heard a bit too much already. Now the down+a in the air Link does... You've got two choices... Both require you just standing under him... One option is to up smash a little less than a second before you hits you... Or you can counter (down+b) almost immediately before he hits you.

Kumagari

Smash Cadet
Like most people have said already, learn to mindgame him out. If the up+b and dair keep killing you just find out ways to make your opponent do this moves. The up+b has horrid lag time which means you get a sweet sweet fsmash. Go, destroy the other swordsmen for Roy is the only one righteous enough to wield the sword of victory...

-BLaze-

Smash Cadet
Now the down+a in the air Link does... You've got two choices... Both require you just standing under him... One option is to up smash a little less than a second before you hits you... Or you can counter (down+b) almost immediately before he hits you.
1)No.

2)No...but optional if your opponent is at a high percent

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
You've got two choices... Both require you just standing under him... One option is to up smash a little less than a second before you hits you... Or you can counter (down+b) almost immediately before he hits you.
LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Are you being serious?

(I pray not...)

Tempest.01

Smash Rookie
lol.

Countering Links Dair is not a very good idea AT ALL. First off, it won't always even hit >< second, it can do some dmg, but not much still. It can actually kill at around 75, but then you could be doing MANY other things... like the well stated d tilt + f smash...

Top Bottom