• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Toon Link

Mclovin22

Smash Rookie
Well, as I have just converted from Lucario to Olimar. I'm having trouble verses my Friends TL

Some of his tactics the he uses are a lot of D A on me and some times i get caught = the end of me.

Are there any certain tactics I should take verse a decent toon link. I just want to beat him and have him running in fear.

Thanks in advanced! :D

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
TL is one of the best characters in the game, if used well. I happen to have 2 friends that are amazing with TL, so I think I may be able to help you.

Watch out for combo's. Once you get in a combo, you're pretty much doomed and sure to get around 50% at least.

Keep the distance. Yes, TL has a good projectile-game, but all his projectiles can be destroyed by a well-aimed Pikmin-throw.

If he fails at grabbing you, grab him. His grab gives him lag and that's your chance to grab him.

Watch out for these attacks: (2x) fSmash, dSmash, dAir (grab him if you avoid it ;)) and all of his projectiles.

Top Bottom