• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help with the pointy earred elf...

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
alright guys, need some advice for my friends annoyingly spammy link. i read the guide about what to do with link but he doesnt exactly play that style. usually he starts with the boomerang, bouncing it off the ground to the air followed by a bomb(typical i guess). now thats not that big a problem cause i can just shield the bomb and jump over the rang but whenever i go in for a fair, i either get fsmashed and up-b'd back. and basically thats the whole match, ill try to get back and draw him towards me but then he pulls out the arrows and goes to town. and when i try to approach with pk fire, he saves himself with his arrows. every match we have played has been close but i just cant seem to get around his spammy tactic.

any help with this match-up would be awesome, i gotta win with my lil boi!

Levitas

the moon
Hmm. DJC with a stomp out of a full jump to get over projectiles and poke his sheild from above to land behind him. In response, he can do an up-b out of shield if he shields your attack, but you can just land and shield the up-b if he goes for it. If he does, simply bat him. you have enough time to charge it.

If you get him with the stomp, go to town with fairs or bairs, whatever you're most comfortable with.

In general, Ness has a decent time avoiding projectiles because he can DJC (Double Jump cancel if you're unfamiliar-basically you do an attack during the second jump, and it'll cancel the jump. tap xxa quickly to see what I mean)

If he's in a vulnerable state and you're far away, the dash attack sets up for aerials as well.

Be sure not to attack predictably unless it's a good idea ie. he can't punish you.

Good luck, and if you need more suggestions, just ask.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Approach on the ground, not the air. If he tries to spam projectiles at you avoid them somehow. You can fair the bombs, but that's never worked for me... Just jump and slowly approach, but when you get close to him make sure you're on the ground and shield his up-b or cc his f-smash. If his f-smash works similarly to Sheik's you can cc the first hit into bat, but I've never tried this before so try at your own risk. If you shield his up b and it hits your shield you can take down your shield even though he's still doing the move and hit him.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
If he uses the boomerang and throws it up to prevent you from jumping and then throws a bomb, shield the bomb, wavedash out your shield and then shield again in response to his upB or whatever he does then get him in the lag of his attack.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Well if you dodge the projectiles already and running towards him causes him to forward smash then just roll behind, throw a projectile or just attack him from above

Top Bottom