• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Stage Icon Editing

Sakuraba Neku

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this isn't in the right place, please redirect me if that is the case.

What I want to do is to change what stage the MenSelmapMark.xx and MenSelchrMark.xx files correspond to. For example, I replaced Jungle Japes with a Pokemon themed stage and I want to make the "Donkey Kong Country" and "DK" icons Pokemon themed, but Jungle Japes uses the same icons as Kongo Jungle, which I don't want to change.

Is there a way I can do this? Any help is appreciated.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
You need to do some PAT0 editing with one of the newest versions of Brawlbox.

In Brawlbox, each stage has its own index number. The index number for Jungle Japes is 52. So what you do is open up "common5.pac" and look inside "sc_selmap_en", then navigate to where the SSS textures are located.

Once you do that, you find the one with the proper index frame you're looking for. For this case, we want 52, which is Jungle Japes.

In the top right corner, there will be a box that says what texture is being assigned to this index number. For Jungle Japes, MenSelchrMark02 is being assigned, which is the DK logo. If you want to change that to the Pokemon logo, change the 02 to 08. Save your changes, and it should replace the DK logo on the SSS with the Pokemon logo for Jungle Japes. Repeat this in "mu_menumain.pac" if you want to change the SSS icons in My Music.

Lakitwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lakitwo
In the common5.pac go into MiscData[80] and go to the PAT0 animation folder. The PAT0 animation "MenSelmapPreview" should have 6 entries. "lambert113" controls the little series icons (DK) and "pasted__stnamelogoM" controls the game logos (Donkey Kong Country). Each frame calls a texture from the "Textures" folder in the MiscData[80]. You need to go into the textures folder, and find the name of the original texture (MenSelchrMark.02 for the DK icon) and the one you want it to display (MenSelchrMark.08 for Pokemon) . You then need to find the original in the PAT0 animation and change the texture it calls to the one you want it to display. You should see the original texture multiple times, because multiple stages use the same images. Use common sense to decide which to change. In this case, it will be the last MenSelchrMark.02 in the animation. After that, you need to do the same with the game logo. It will obviously have different texture names, but the process will be the same.

I hope that makes sense. I have a habit of rambling on too much.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Kati

Smash Lord
Wow. How many times have I resorted to replacing the icon with a blank 64x64... when I could have just asked?

Top Bottom