• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with SH FF Fair

Mizore742

Smash Rookie
Is there suppose to be any ending lag when you perform SH FF Fair with diddy kong?

Pop_123

Smash Rookie
NNID
D-Lighted
No, you preform it by doing a rising forward air and you make it safe on shield by fastfalling/ fading away. It should Autocancel if you do it correctly.

Akzomp

Smash Cadet
NNID
AKG_Akzomp
Also, fast fall has to be done at a precise moment after the F-air to fast fall ASAP. It is kind of hard to explain, but practice it some, watch some ZeRo Diddy gameplay, and you will find the fastest way.

HammyHowell

Smash Rookie
Practice. practice. practice. I used to use y jump, and quickly press a while analog stick pointed forward. Now I do y jump to c-stick. You have to do it fast though. practice.

ThaQAtaQ

Smash Rookie
The most important part is to do a 'Rising FAIR' as mentioned before.

To do this, you must buffer the FAIR before the jump commences.

I suggest the following: tap jump -> c-stick (you want to use the c-stick before the jump occurs. This will buffer the aerial so that it will come out immediately as the jump happens)

PoisonouSoap

Smash Rookie
NNID
PoisonouSoap
So this is my main tool in neutral when playing as Diddy. The best way to do this is to jump with Y. I sort of use the tip of my thumb on Y and the middle on A, do it fast and you can SH fair frame perfect every time (it's almost like you're bending your thumb then stretching it really fast). It's the exact same as JC glide toss timing.

Last edited:

Akzomp

Smash Cadet
NNID
AKG_Akzomp
If anyone is still having trouble with this, I may in the future make a Diddy basics video series in which I will explain this and I will post it here.

Top Bottom