• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with selecting my new Laptop.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Allo!

I'm in search of a new laptop but I'm not sure exactly where the best place is to look.

I'm specifically looking for a gaming computer.

I have tried an Alienware 3 yrs ago and I didn't have the best outcome. The laptop was big/heavy, loud, and I had a lot of technical problems with it that the Tech support gave me a hard time about fixing.

As for Techs specs:
Anything with 3GB+ RAM
A reasonably quick processor and good graphics card.
And something with about a 15 - 17 inch screen.
HD - 160GB+

As for budgeting, I'd wish to keep it around a $1,500 budget. Would that be hard to do?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love the new Dell laptop I got. It was their Studio line, which is "middle-of-the-road". The XPS ones are even better.

But if you want gaming, are you sure you want a laptop? I was just seeing some insane PC's at Fry's Electronics the other day. Intel quad-core, 8 gigs in memory, 1TB hard drive, all for $1,000. That's one awesome desktop for a good price, too. Unless you REALLY need that laptop. :)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
retupmoc :)

Though truth be told, I don't actually do a whole lot of reversing day-to-day. I should change my title to something more accurate. But I just think reenignE is so witty! ;)

Frames

DI
lol well its fine i suppose

what if there was a printing error and on your degree it said "retupmoc gnireenigne"

on an unrelated yet computer related note, do you know of any html only speed tests?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I don't believe in "gaming laptops".

Desktop or bust!

Superstar

Smash Champion
A Laptop's main advantage is portability. One powerful enough for high end gaming will drain your batteries big time, and cost more.

I use my laptop for gaming, but that's because it was a gift. I can barely play TF2, 20-30FPS usually. Inspiron 1525. Which is eww for gaming.

I want that desktop. Quad Core <3

Top Bottom