• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help with sd!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
You sure about that? PNY are infamous for mislabelling 4 GB cards as 2 GB. Check it on your computer (right click on the card and check Properties), and if it's 4 GB, it won't work, and you'll need to get an actual 2 GB card.

Of course, the above assumes you're using the hackless loading method (I have to guess, because you gave so few details. in future please give as many details as possible about what problems you're having). If you're using homebrew, the above is moot, and you'll need to provide more details about how exactly it's not working (how far into the loading process do you get before it fails, etc)

Last edited:

hiddenblade2223

Smash Rookie
ok so heres what i got and sorry for the bad wording and stuff
so im very new to this stuff and i just bought an sd card . it is a 2gb pny premium(if that matters) ad it is 2gb i checked.i also have 2 of these cards for both versions.n so i downloaded this and the patt version cause i wanted the patt version with all the skins. so i downloaded both the wifi safe and the patt. put them on the 2 seperate cards and id plug them both in and they would both start up fine to the smash menu. then i would go to stage builder then it would glitch out and do its thing. but then when i clicked play it just went back to the wii menu and thats where i am now. sorry i was on moble before and couldnt get alot of typing done.

but im also very uneducated with this stuff so im probbaly messing up somewhere.

hiddenblade2223

Smash Rookie
You sure about that? PNY are infamous for mislabelling 4 GB cards as 2 GB. Check it on your computer (right click on the card and check Properties), and if it's 4 GB, it won't work, and you'll need to get an actual 2 GB card.

Of course, the above assumes you're using the hackless loading method (I have to guess, because you gave so few details. in future please give as many details as possible about what problems you're having). If you're using homebrew, the above is moot, and you'll need to provide more details about how exactly it's not working (how far into the loading process do you get before it fails, etc)
help please if you can

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Try loading via Gecko OS instead:

• Install GeckoOS to your SD card (download link, copy the boot.elf from /Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/ to your SD card root)
  • Load GeckoOS via the Stage Builder, as usual
  • Boot game

Also, don't double or triple post, as it's against forum rules. If you have something to add to a previous post, and no one has posted after it, edit the first post.

Last edited:

hiddenblade2223

Smash Rookie
Try loading via Gecko OS instead:

Also, don't double or triple post, as it's against forum rules. If you have something to add to a previous post, and no one has posted after it, edit the first post.
ok so sorry im silly. so i install the game like ususal but replace the boot with the gecko one?

Top Bottom