• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with PSA

Fernando Locon

Smash Rookie
I'm new to PSA where would I be able to find these things:

1. Ending Lag
2. FAF
3. Duration
4. Start-Up Lag

Fernando Locon

Smash Rookie
No I meant where would I find those things in PSA Compressor. I love your Yoshi picture.

Also do you happen to have Melee's and Brawl's as well ?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe I should read the titles. I saw a question related to frame data and I just had to instinctively show you lol. And thanks.

I'm looking through the PSA guide for Brawl and it seems like you change those values through "Timer [Interval (scalar)]". It should be similar for Project M considering the base game, but idk...

And are you asking for Melee and Brawl's Frame Data? :yoshi:

Fernando Locon

Smash Rookie
Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe I should read the titles. I saw a question related to frame data and I just had to instinctively show you lol. And thanks.

I'm looking through the PSA guide for Brawl and it seems like you change those values through "Timer [Interval (scalar)]". It should be similar for Project M considering the base game, but idk...

And are you asking for Melee and Brawl's Frame Data? :yoshi:
Yes for both

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You can find frame data by using PSA, but it's not always complete. It's complicated to explain why, the short end of it is that attack data is authored in a few different ways in the Smash Engine. Almost every Character Discussion subforum has a sticky with character frame data, which I hihgly recommend over looking at the files themselves.
In order to look at the character files, you have to open it in PSA and then navigate to the subaction in question. These are not named the way we know them, like Jab is Attack11, tilts are something along the lines of Attack3U or AttackU3 (been several years, sorry).
Generally, the line before a Hit Collision will have an Asynchronous Timer indicating a casting frame before the hitbox collision. This is "off by one," but I don't recall in which direction. Probably need to add 1 to the number to get the actual hit frame.
Another reason using the files is not always easy to get this kind of information is that the First Actionable Frame of an attack is sometimes a result of an Allow Interrupt command (allows player to interrupt the state with another state, will show up in the subaction data), and in other cases it's simply the duration of the attack's animation playing out which will not show up in the character file itself. You'd need to open the animation in BrawlBox to get its animation duration, and then account for any speedup/slowdown in the subaction (Frame Speed Modifier in the subaction).

Last edited:

Fernando Locon

Smash Rookie
What is Knock-back Scaling ? The reason why is because i'm a bit lost with that.

Example: Sheik's Down Throw in Melee has less Knock-back Scaling but a higher angle than Project M. If I just revert the angle but keep the Knock-back Scaling will that be an issue ?

Top Bottom