• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help with peach mu

APESAUCE

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1865-1741-8331
i was getting destroyed by a peach at weekly, but then i figured i just have to dd more and bait and punish wiffed dash attacks and that helped a lot. but i was wondering if u guys had any other tips that would be helpful.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Try to beat out her CC with dairs, shines, and utilts. When she floats above your lasers heights, I like to sh nair and even sh uair her out of float and follow from there. Peach is an easy mu once you get used to it, so it should just take some research/practice.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Make sure to laser well and learn when you should go for up smash trades (normally when the Peach is going to come down with an aerial that won't kill you). Obviously that's not even close to everything but hopefully it helps a little (and in particular the second one cause the first is more obvious)

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
-Peach's best tool is the match up is crouch cancel down smash. It sets ups for dash attack tech chases, which can lead into chain grabs, more dash attacks, or aerials combos. To avoid letting her cc dsmash you, you can't have predictable short hop nair approaches.
-Fox's dair cannot be crouch cancelled, and leads into shine if she does not sdi.
-Obviously, abusing waveshine>upsmash/nair/grab/dsmash is a necessity in this mu, given how relatively easy it is to waveshine peach. When finishing off waveshine combos, it will benefit you to learn how to read her DI and mix up accordingly. If you waveshine her all the way to the edge, essentially you can mix up between nair and usmash. Survival DI for usmash will send her at the worst angle for nair, where as DI'ing so you can recover after a nair will mean terrible survival for the upsmash.
-downsmash to finish a waveshine chain is good as well, but you can DI for the upsmash and option select the amsah tech in case they down smash, so if the peach is knowledgable it will likely not be a good option compared to nair/usmash.
-Do not let her pull turnips safely. If she tries to pull a turnip when you are close enough to punish her for it, you better get the punish. Otherwise, you need to stay in close quarters so she never gets the opportunity to pull a turnip.
-If she is on a platform, don't immediately jump into her and try to pressure her, because if she knows what she is doing she will atleast get a downsmash trade every time (a trade which she wins). Instead, wait for her to commit to something and then react to her decision

Top Bottom