• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help With New Main

FrozenGanon

Smash Rookie
After playing my first tournament, I realized how much I suck. I have mained Ganon for most of my days playing PM but now I find him slow and I'm not to good at following through with him. I plan to keep him as sort of s side main. Thus I have desided to try and find something that's more to my liking. I'm looking for a character that has a good edge guard game, good, both in the air and on the ground, doesn't require too high of a tech skill, is fun to play, and could become something amazing if enough time was put into them. Thanks. :)

Narpas_sword

Falcon?

Its usually the normal progression once a ganon player realises ganon is too slow.

Or sheik?

Hard when you want someone amazing at nearly all aspects, but not high tech skill. That doesn't really happen.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
From what you're asking for. Hmm.. I think Meta Knight might be what you're looking for

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
It really comes down to who you have fun playing. As said above, Falcon is a pretty normal progression, and he fits most of what you mentioned. He's very good in the air. Less great of a ground game, but he still has good options and a good SHFFL, which is really more relevant than most grounded moves most of the time. He's not super technical, though.

Roy and Marth are also good with edgeguarding capabilities and not a huge tech ceiling.

waygu

Smash Lord
While ganon IS slow and its hard to get strings with him, due to his slowness you have to have every hit be a counter hit or you faked them out or something similar. I went to Mario when I got that feeling because of similar move set, speed and projectile. You gotta find it within yourself.Go watch some ganon videos to see what hes capable of when played right

Last edited:
Top Bottom