• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with my Mario game

Driek

Smash Rookie
Well I used to play Mario A LOT in 64 version, but I moved onto Young Link in Melee. In Melee, I had a lot of fun with the little kid with a sword, but TOON LINK is just pathetic for me. So I've decided to move back to my old favortie character. Since I haven't played him in so long, I don't know ANYTHING about "Capeing", let alone FLUDD. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

*PS: I cant "tiltattack" very well without setting the C-Stick to do. Is it worth giving up real easy smashes?

Driek

Smash Rookie
Well no it's current Mario all around, I was just saying I have no experience with either of those. Also, the PS question is really big for me, so I could use an answer on that.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Custom controls is preference.. I say just learn to tilt, it's not that hard, and Mario has good tilts. Cape's really useful, the super soaker not so much, but still has it's uses.

???????

Smash Journeyman
F.L.U.D.D. has some very good spacing applications but it takes a lot of practice to aim and time right. Also, the F.L.U.D.D. very good at edgeguarding and can be combined with the cape for maximum effect.

*Aim for the tip of the head for maximum pushback*

*...I must be the only Mario user who truly uses the F.L.U.D.D. aggressively...I think BO X7 uses a lot too though...*

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
Ha, oddly enough, I only use Fludd in FFA's. Bob-omb kills with it are hilarious.

As for 1v1, I'm starting to use it a little more. Spacing for Spikes is always nice. I can't quite use it with edge guarding, because the push of a max fludd isn't that hard to deal with if your opponent is vaulting over you, pointing it in the right angle takes too long, and doesn't normally help. So I use the cape instead, now that I know cape-gliding.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
yo, ???????, dragonboy uses FLUDD aggressively too. FLUDD is very useful. better than melee's tornado in my opinion.

studly

Smash Ace
not a big flood user...i find it not very cost effective
takes too much time to charge..time that i could be spending beating my opponent into submission

Top Bottom