• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Mad catz controller

holy_pyro

Smash Cadet
Im having problems using the L and R triggers they won't work (like when I assign it to a key on pj64k it wont change). So i cant really block and grab properly. It is a Mad Catz PC CON 4000 or something like that. It has the XBOX 360 layout for keypads/joypads. Im thinking of using JOYTOKEY program but yeah I wanted to try to get this to work without any 3rd party programs. Advice?

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
dude mad catz is like a tumor that has nestled itself into the video gaming world. that and nyko and those third party controller accessory companies. i had one myself and i couldn't understand why it wouldn't cooperate with anything.

try calibrating under control panels - game devices, and if that doesn't work then 3rd party programs it is.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
There has not been ONE madcats thing i'v owned that hasnt broken/not worked. One of my controllers broke on the first try. Madcats to controllers are like the pop station to psp and neo double games to DS...HORRID

TheDSGamer

Smash Cadet
My GC Mad Catz controller works good for SSB. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

raVEnSPAWN88

Smash Cadet
It has been like this since almost the start of videogames, i had a madcats for 64 and besides its form being stupid and the z button being too low. (So theyre not good even if they work). The character moved on its own a lot like it was and old worn down controller. Even if i disconnected it and stuff at a while it happened again. point of the story: your old seasoned stuff is better than a Mad Cat

Zantetsu

Smash Master
shinkazenokizzu quit bringing things back if there back a page or at the bottom of the first.

Spam breaks loose when you do that and mods wont be quiet happy >_<

Top Bottom