• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Lucario/Mewtwo Sound Issue

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I know this is known, but I haven't really been given any answers for it. For those who don't know, ever since 3.6β, Lucario/Mewtwo (and also Marth/Roy) would stop playing any of their sounds and voices if their sfx were replaced by anything else (at least I THINK that's the criterion). I was hoping that this would be addressed/fixed as of the full release, but unfortunately it is not. Therefore, I would like to ask a dev: Why exactly does this happen/what can I do to fix it? I'm happy to get my hands dirty and try to fix it myself.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
their voices and sfx are present for me.
After modifying their corresponding sawnds? I believe that's what OP's referring to.

If anything, I'd have to assume it functions the same way as modifying common3.pac, the address values probably reset or mess up the programming that tells Roy's and Mewtwo's sounds to access marth and lucario's additional bank slots.

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
Thank you very much for responding--up to this point, I hadn't gotten anything more than "it's known." Unfortunately, I'm completely clueless as to how to edit common3.pac properly to make it work (using BrawlBox ofc). The thing is, I thought I had replaced all of the sfx files exactly how they were supposed to be. Evidently I have for Roy because both he and Marth sound fine, but maybe it's because my .brsar is Japanese (I hadn't mentioned this before, but I'm using a modified .brsar instead of .sawnd files), which wouldn't make a difference for Marth but does make a difference for Lucario--but that's only the voice group, not the sound group. Do you know if that would affect it? I'm about to check through the sounds one more time to make sure I replaced everything correctly. Also, sorry for making this so long-winded.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Unfortunately brsars lay outside my realm of expertise. You say you have marth and Roy both working, correct, so I'm guessing what kills the voices under normal circumstances is linked with a memory offset that's altered upon saving.

Idk, we'd need an actual dev team member who knows what they did with the sounds to clarify.

Top Bottom